KT

Introduce yourself ( again if need be! )

42 posts in this topic

Welcome!

As I work on getting everything working after the overhaul, I want to hear about everyone who is here!

Do me a favor and introduce yourself, even if you have been here FOREVER!!!

I'm KT, and I'm here to make you laugh, educate you are little about the kilt, and help you build the confidence to wear it wherever you want.

I also do all manner of other things, but that will come in time on the blog.

so, who are you?

Dont' Forget:

Be Strong.

Put a Kilt On.

1 person likes this

Welcome back McMurdo!  Why don't you post a link to your wildcat tartan site in your signature!

Howdy! I am Nathan, and I am the KiltedTexan. I have been a highland games athlete for around 15 years. I love wearing my  kilt out and about in the world, and kind of dig the attention and looks that I get sometimes. Anyway I love this little corner of the internet universe. Hope to see some new and old faces and make some friends.

3 people like this

Morning Kilties, I'm CactusJack I have been around off and on from the beginning (at least according to my BOTK membership card)

Not as active as I used to be but this place still holds a special meaning to me. Met and made many friends here, several who became like my own family (you all know who you are)

Not as active as I used to be in the St. Louis Scottish community as I once was. Recently became a member Clan Campbell which is my clan. Not much more to say.

4 people like this

Welcome back!  WAHOOO!!!!

Howdy, all! I'm Keith, otherwise known as Captain Karrot. Been around BOTK for a while. This is the first place I found after starting my kilted journey almost 15 years ago. Since that first kilt, I've added another 25 to my collection. Member of Clan Gunn. I've had the great pleasure of meeting many fellow BOTK members, and look forward to meeting more!

2 people like this

Hi there, I,m Duane, AKA branmakmorn, I am affiliated with Clan Macleod, love Highland games and LOVE the looks and comments I get weariing the kilt. I have both traditional and modern style and wear a kilt most Sundays to worship. One of the best thing about wearing a kilt is the look on my wife,s face when she comes around a corner nd finds a woman we dont know taking my picture.  

1 person likes this

I'm Jackson proud kilt wearer ( have been for over 2 decades ) and kilt-maker. I'm also a retired soldier and, by bloodline a Campbell,  however first and foremost I'm all Canadian!

Cheers

Jackson in formal.jpg

archer t-shirt pic.jpg

2 people like this

I’m Kristine, found BOTK when KT was still in Tulsa and connected with Holly at the Gerard Butler fansite.  Lots of dear friends made here. Delighted to see the revamp and continued enthusiasm for wearing kilts, educating mainstream about the cultural foundations, and broadening the acceptance of the kilt as more than a costume or ceremonial. 

4 people like this

I'm Mike S., from Dallas, TX, currently living in Murray, KY. I've been a GHB piper for 30+ years, and am the V. P. of the West KY Highland Society. Glad to see the new site and forum up and running Kevin, it looks great!

1 person likes this

Hi, I am Jim (aka Drac) and I am an addict... Oops wrong group.

Been kilt wearing for a few years.  Especially enjoy wearing them on travels.  Maintain a FB album of those travels.  

Have many hobbies but biggest is cooking.

Drac

2 people like this

Hi I am Joe or kilted cub

i wear my kilts going to theme parks or traveling 

1 person likes this

Hey! I am Steve, aka the Angry Bastard. I am from Utah and I build kilts for a living. My family gave me my nickname. I don't know why those stinking little bastards would go and call their loving and overindulgent father an Angry Bastard, but when I catch them... well... I will... I will...ohhhhh...I will ....uhhhh... hmmmm... uhh... well, you know.... love em to pieces.

34 minutes ago, AngryBastard said:

Hey! I am Steve, aka the Angry Bastard. I am from Utah and I build kilts for a living. My family gave me my nickname. I don't know why those stinking little bastards would go and call their loving and overindulgent father an Angry Bastard, but when I catch them... well... I will... I will...ohhhhh...I will ....uhhhh... hmmmm... uhh... well, you know.... love em to pieces.

where do you build kilts?

1 person likes this

I'm Tony, the village (forum) idiot.

By day, I'm a special effects programmer.

By night, I specialize in spousal annoyance.

Other preoccupations include: Motorcycling, running, computers, DIY home improvement, music, humor, movies, aircraft, whiskeys, and  long walks on the beach.

Oh, yeah... and kilts. Being of Irish (Reilly/Davis) and Scottish (Stewart) with a smidge of Welsh (Tragenza) descent, kilts were a fairly common occurrence, in my life.

Own ten or so kilts, and tend to wear them for events, rather than everyday (of course, I am always looking for an excuse to turn the mundane into an "event")

Been here since (almost) the beginning.

Made quite a few good friends, here, and had the extreme pleasure to meet several, in person.

Live in the lushly beautiful south-central valley, of the glorious, yet humble,  Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

The fine print:

By reading this introduction, you hereby agree to waive all rights to prosecute me, should I show up butt-naked on your front lawn, covered in lime jello.

Furthermore, this constitutes agreement to call me "Laird Most Handsome Emperor of the Universe" at any or all meetings. 

IMAG0021.jpg

1 person likes this

welcome back tony!

John here I Live in S.E. Wi I wear my Kilts to any thing I need to look good at I don't own a suit any more. I'am a Boiler Eng. work at a Hospital in Il and have been there for 40 years. Ihave been on this forum for about 4 or 5 years.

John

2 people like this

I'm Chris Webb, likely the guy with the broadest definition of a kilt in the Brotherhood.  LOL!

Before the Brotherhood of the Kilt I was the top poster at the Braveheart's Kilt Forum.  I'm also the only kiltman with the honor of having been banned from Xmarksthescot TWICE!!  KT recruited me into the BotK and, though I've not been around much of late, it became a sort of church for me.  I became a Lifetime Member of the Brotherhood in my first year here, in fact in the first year the BotK existed.

Many of you use versions of the phrase, "Kilt ON!"  I coined it as my sign off at the Braveheart's Kilt Forum before the BotK was formed.  It still warms my heart when I see new Kiltmen embracing the freedom of expression, freedom of movement, sense of belonging and celebration of their masculinity that donning a kilt brings.  The phrase harkens back to when wearing a kilt as a daily thing, wearing one to work, defying family and friends, defying society and conventional norms was rare and challenging.  When I coined it the phrase meant to push through, to defy the opposition, to refuse troo$er$ ... what a cool thing to have seen it become a phrase of excitement and confidence.  Kilt ON! Kilt ON!!

Much has changed in kilting since I went full time in 2003.  The War on the Tyranny of troo$er$ has been won.  Kilt makers in the USA have flourished.  The sight of a fellow kiltman has gone from once a year or so to once a week, at least here in Fort Worth, Texas.  Shoot, I even stood in line at the grocery store with 2 other guys in kilts I'd never met.  Wow, how things have changed.  And all three of us were unique in how we wore our kilts, even what we considered a kilt.  Oh, how we Americans have taken this Scottish garment and made it our own.  We have taken the best of it, mixed it with best of us and made it ours too.

I had one kilt, it was knee length, Stuart Royal tartan ... but I've lost count now.  They were hard to get back then.  Easy to get now.  Tartan, cammo, Carheart, denim, solid, utility, tactical, hiking, rockabilly, steam punk, bellow the knee, above the knee, even above the thigh!  

And I will say with deep conviction and appreciations that it has been KT who shepherded American Kilting to the level of acceptance and celebration that we enjoy today.  He has been the keel and the rudder of our ship.  He pushed kilting into the mainstream like no other.  From the BotK to the biggest kilt in the world to writing the most profound and enjoyable book on kilting ... to sacrificing for us all ... his time, his emotions, his intelligence, his finances ... and for the BotK, his commitment, his leadership.  There would be no BotK with out him.  The BotK survived turmoil, internal conflict, external attack all because he believed in it, in us.  

Who am I?  As I ponder the question I realize that it really all boils down to this ... I am a kiltman.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

2 people like this

After having problems with the computer, password, and email, I finally got back. I moved from South Central Florida to the NW corner.

I moved here about five years ago, and don't remember the last time I posted.

Thanks Kevin for all your assistance in getting me back up.

WOOT WOOT...................................

I'm still here although an infrequent poster, I'm a kilt maker based in London, Great Britain, but am always happy to help with  technical/kilt/tartan related queries!

1 person likes this

I am Joseph,

I love to wear kilts and connect with others to talk about kilty / scottish / irish / celtic stuff.

I have a severe problem with kilt cops, and judgemental, and overly critical people. <TO ARMS!> :machinegunsmiley:

1 person likes this

Hi

I am Joe Bro. No kilts known in heritage. What started as simply wearing to Irish restaurants a couple of years back has evolved into wearing hiking, all the time doing yardwork and most of the time running errands and traveling. They are just so comfortable. I have come to the conclusion based on this years heat that they should be recommended to be worn to void heat exhaustion. Quite indescribable the difference in comfort on a hot day between even shorts and a kilt. Wearing them so often now is going to make winter tough.

Greetings!

I am Cory McDonald the Kilted Realtor. Big thank you to Kilted Texan for introducing me to the Brotherhood of the Kilt. I look forward to getting to know more Kilted brethren.

IMG_20160413_100444 1.jpg

2 people like this

Hello,

I have to admit, I just joined to ask a particular kilt related question.  Although all things equal, I thought I would introduce myself first.  I have been active California kilt wearer for over 10 years.  I currently own three kilts.  Black watch cotton Sport Kilt (my first), Acrylic Irish National Stillwater Kilt (My casual one) and my Dress kilts outfit that is picture here from my wedding.  I made everyone dress in a kilt because I already owned my stuff.

_MG_6243.JPG