KT

Introduce yourself ( again if need be! )

42 posts in this topic

The is a standard quartz pocket watch with a train engraving.  It was a gift from my wife.  Lately, I have been carrying a mechanical pocket watch at work with a much shorter chain in my p@nt$ pocket.  I got the pocket watch chain at the Northern California Charles Dickens fair.  I think my wife got the watch from the same fair.  

The story behind some of it is that my wife and I participated and regularly attended Renaissance fair and a Victorian Ballroom.  We are closest historical costumer's, so I have accessories for outfits one does not usually have.  Not to mention, I know how to put on a great kilt.  

We have since stopped doing renaissance fair and the ballroom due to having children and mean going to graduate school.  We still visit the fairs, but as normal people.  Would probably rejoin, but I work in a hospital and my wife manages a small needle and thread shop so weekends are a luxury for us.  Not to mention, we do not want to revisit the gossip.

kids will change things, I know mine did.  I need to get a decent pocket watch, as I never wear a wristwatch and p@nt$ are very rarely worn.

Howdy,

I'm Scott. Snork was the first dog my wife and I had, 30 years ago, but I still miss her - the dog; still have the wife.  I grew up in Colorado, Wyomming, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California, lived for 18 years in Minnesota, and now live in Wisconsin.  I'm a a Mechanical Engineer.  The wife is an engineer too.

I've been Kilting for a several years. It took me a few years to convince myself to do it, and now I'm almost full time.  I mostly wear modern kilts but do have a traditional one in my mom's family tartan. My dad's side is from Galloway but I've never been able to find a tartan associated with them. Family legend is that they spent a lot of time avoiding the authorities, but I did find a reference to a family farm near Dumfries so I'm not sure. 

I've lived on farms and ranches for much of my life and my habits include cleaning the barn after my herd of English Shire horses.  OK, I drive, ride, farm, and have logged with them, but shoveling seems to be the single most common activity.  I added a photo from the Mid-West Horse Fair. 

The wife and I are also Steampunks. Kilts work great for that.  

image.jpg

I am Ira or otherwise know as ColoradoRaptor. I am new to the kilt world only having been kilted now for about a year. My Father always tried to get me into my Scottish heritage but I was always to busy with other stuff.... Well, now that he suffers from severe Dementia I took the leap into Genealogy, Family Tree DNA and Kilts.... better late than never.... right! I am Irish, Scottish and Danish. I am a member of the House of Gordon and Clan Gunn B) I am a Master at Arms 1st class in the United States Navy Reserve after serving 9 years active duty. I retire from the Navy in 4 years. I am a 14 year correctional officer for the Federal Bureau of Prisons and currently work at the United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum in Florence Colorado. My hobbies are rock crawling in my Jeep, Welding, Woodworking, Making the best Mead in the State of Colorado and Playing Chess. I am looking forward to meeting more kilted brothers from around the world and enjoying life kilted :th700d7c2b:       

Edited by ColoradoRaptor
stupid computer posted before i was finished...
1 person likes this

How about this KT?

IMG_2682_zpsaehmvkgx.jpg

KT
I turned 50 this year and recently found this dollar watch on ebay that was from my birth year of 1966. I have other dollar watches but this one is the best in my collection. Pockets in the Park is name of the ebay store where I got it, he has some quality stuff at reasonable prices.

$_57.JPG

1 person likes this

On 7/30/2016 at 7:14 PM, KT said:

where do you build kilts?

We build our kilts in our home, in Utah. The company consists of my wife, son and I. We build each kilt by hand. We source our materials for our utility kilts, as much as we can, from the U.S.A. and Scotland. Along with our utility kilts, which is our main business, we also do custom orders in tartans upon request. We started building kilts for ourselves and some of our friends years ago. We have only been building utility kilts as Angry Bastard Clothing  Co. for the last 2 years. We came out with our first utility kilt 2 years ago and had such a great response to them we decided to market our products to the public. We have no ideas of becoming mainstream, we are a small family owned business and would like to keep it that way. Customer service is paramount to our business and so we want to be able to give each individual the attention they deserve when making a purchase from us. We carry no stock and build each order as they come in. I like to talk to my customers about their kilts, their intended usage, and go over any questions or concerns with them before we start their build. So when an order comes in, I will call the customer to verify the order, go over it and make sure the measurements we done correctly and see if there is anything else the customer requires. We want our customers to return and refer their family and friends to us.

We offer a 15% discount and Free shipping (within the U.S.) to all of our customers. See the coupon below.

MarPat_Home300.png

Warhorse_Homepage300.png

Watch_homepage300.png

Workman_Homepage300.png

OnlineABKDiscountCoupon.jpg

On 09/08/2016 at 11:51 PM, Seantheirishjew said:

KT, I found my mechanical watch on Amazon at this retailer:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=110-9170148-5741850&seller=A1KPMCQDTUFS7W&tab=&vasStoreID=

The watch is very nice, you just have to remember to wind it.  

71sL6-PlMvL._UX466_.jpg

That is a beautiful piece.

On 7/30/2016 at 2:30 PM, Mcmurdo said:

I'm Glen, my middle name is McMurdo and I thought it was a great forum name, when I was growing up I hated it but have grown into it. I'm a graphic designer and recently designed a tartan for Wildcat Haven in Scotland called the Scottish Wildcat Tartan, we have had 3 runs of it and have raised quite a bit for the cause. 15% of the price of the tartan goes directly to Wildcat Haven and we have given them the rights to it as well. I've been wearing the kilt for about a decade now, for 5 years I wore it everyday when my work allowed it. Now I work at 4 jobs and can not wear the kilt to any of them as they are just too messy. So now I wear them as often as I can away from work.
I honestly thought I was done buying stuff but after designing the Wildcat Tartan I got a kilt in it and wanted a kilt suit which I was just able to get done a photo is attached. Of course now I need more to go with it got the Argyll hose to match and looking for a hair sporran. The hunt continues.

Wildcat1.jpg

No way!  I have a friend who is OBSESSED with wildcats, I'll have to buy him some tartan for xmas!!

7 hours ago, thedapperdead said:

No way!  I have a friend who is OBSESSED with wildcats, I'll have to buy him some tartan for xmas!!

Pleased to meet you, why don't you and your friend join the Scottish Wildcat Tartan Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1463571157239029/

1 person likes this

On 7/30/2016 at 7:08 AM, KT said:

Welcome!

As I work on getting everything working after the overhaul, I want to hear about everyone who is here!

Do me a favor and introduce yourself, even if you have been here FOREVER!!!

I'm KT, and I'm here to make you laugh, educate you are little about the kilt, and help you build the confidence to wear it wherever you want.

I also do all manner of other things, but that will come in time on the blog.

so, who are you?

Dont' Forget:

Be Strong.

Put a Kilt On.

My name is Mike, and it's 0 degrees outside right now...

I climb, hike, do endurance sports, read. I run a consignment store on Ebay.

I wear kilts sometimes, and need to get it on more. I've been losing weight recently, so hopefully my 34" kilts will fit again soon...

The last two movies I saw in a theater were Rogue One and The Force Awakens.

Hi, I'm David. Currently reside in eastern Massachusetts... I'm not officially a Masshole as I'm from Maine originally. AirBoston (Graphics)  was an airbrush art company I started a long time ago. Divorced full time dad so I'm kept busy. My girlfriend convinced me to buy my first kilt... and second. Now looking for a third or so.  Undecided on style or Tartan. Step-father is Gordon and Stewart though I'm mostyIrish with some ties to Scotland and Native American. Looking forward to being more kilted in the future.

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

1 person likes this

Kilts are like Tribbles , they multiply quickly

I am Mike, life got in the way and kept me from frequenting the site for almost a year.   I Have returned. I am a Wood Badge Life member of the Clan MacLaren Society of North America. Still punishing my Royal Purple Sport Kilt in every run, Warrior Dash, obstacle course I can manage to get to.  My wool kilts get treated much nicer. 

Happy to to be back lurking in the shadows. 

1 person likes this