Joe Bro

Summertime Kilted - Study Needed?

I have been spending most of the summer doing landscape work. Most of the time the temperature has been between 80F-90F. Virtually all of it has been in a kilt. On the rare occasions I did have jeans on I noticed I was quite a bit more uncomfortable and tired more easily. Although there are numbers that tell you what it feels like outside, has anyone every done a "discomfort index"? Based on the amount of difference in perspiration in all areas and the general wellness feeling I am of the belief that a lot of heat exhaustion issues could be solved by wearing kilts. 

I firmly believe you are right!

• Like 1

I agree...plus, I've been around many people while kilted in the heat, and they all say that I must be more comfortable than they are, so they recognize this as well.

• Like 1

Walking around in the summer heat last week in my kilt, I can tell you that being in je@n$ or p@nt$, I would have been miserable. Those slight  breezes were a well welcomed and a lifesaver. Kilts are better in the heat or the cold. Kilts are great, period.

• Like 1

I,VE BEEN FORTUNATE TO EITHER GO KILTED OR COMMANDO IN SHORTS ALL SUMMER, REALLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING ACK TO WEARING p@nt& 

I've been wearing a kilt instead of shorts most of the summer also. Definitely feels more comfortable. The only time I feel the need to wear p@nt$ is when I get the chainsaw out. Not a lot of extra protection but they fit closer and cover more. Not to mention, I don't want to mess up my kilts with oil and gas.

I absolutly agree that I'm more comfortable kilted in the heat, but I have to ask, why would the end of  summer mean the end of  kilt wear?  I'll admitto wearing insulated bidb overalls to plow snow or move hay to the critters with the tractor in the winter, but shopping or the like  requires a kilt even in January.

Then again we moved to Wisconsin for the warm winter weather, and so far (4 years now) it's been successful.  We haven't even unpacked out winter coats.

End of summer is not the end of kilt wearing.  I will wear my kilts down to at least 20F.  I will tend to go with the heavier wool over the lighter weight PV kilts.  For the most part I am just going from a car in the parking lot to a building.  So even if colder than 20F not an issue.  May be if I had to walk a couple of miles I might adjust the minimum temperature for that venture.  I have experimented with heavy socks above the knee but parking lot to building not necessary. 

The other day I was out in the country spending about half the day outside.  It was mid 80's with a higher humidity and sunny skies.  For some stupid reason I wore jeans.  I was miserable.  As soon as I got home I ditched the jeans and put on my lighter weight PV kilt.

Mike

End of summer is not the end of kilt wearing.  I will wear my kilts down to at least 20F.  I will tend to go with the heavier wool over the lighter weight PV kilts.  For the most part I am just going from a car in the parking lot to a building.  So even if colder than 20F not an issue.  May be if I had to walk a couple of miles I might adjust the minimum temperature for that venture.  I have experimented with heavy socks above the knee but parking lot to building not necessary. 

The other day I was out in the country spending about half the day outside.  It was mid 80's with a higher humidity and sunny skies.  For some stupid reason I wore jeans.  I was miserable.  As soon as I got home I ditched the jeans and put on my lighter weight PV kilt.

Mike

• Like 2

I firmly believe Kilts are great!

I have transitioned to kilts years round, in nearly all weather (Colorado) and MOST activities.

I have never found any temperature too cold for a kilt.  I've worn mine in below zero temps with a significant wind chill.  OTOH if it's hot and humid I may switch to a cotton or PV kilt instead of wool.

I prefer the cooler weather. The summers in Georgia are so intense. Not a surprise since it is on the same latitude as North Africa. I wore my Sports Kilt while hiking Cumberland island. A wool one might have been too much.

FB_IMG_1470021628363.jpg

Kilts are very great. 

Thedarkattitude.com is a online shop provides alternative fashion clothing for women and men,We provides All Kind Of Gothic clothing,Lolita clothing,Victorian clothing,punk clothing,corsets and accessories on very reasonable prices,The Dark Attitude is the best source for women's and men's alternative fashion clothing https://www.thedarkattitude.com

I agree with this , Kilt is best in summer Condition  due to the high Temperature. Kilt is basically made for work man. you can use best Utility Kilts for men , camo Kilts for workman , Tactical Kilts for workman . I know the sites where you can buy Kilts for work.

73.jpg

I like to wear my 5.11 Tactical Kilt in a lot of summer conditions. I generally don't like wearing my kilts when I do yard work and such as I sweat a lot and I don't like getting my kilts all sweaty.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:01 AM, Jhonny hamnn said:

I agree with this , Kilt is best in summer Condition  due to the high Temperature. Kilt is basically made for work man. you can use best Utility Kilts for men , camo Kilts for workman , Tactical Kilts for workman . I know the sites where you can buy Kilts for work.

Stop in at the introduction section New To The Brotherhood, and introduce yourself.
After that, check with the site owner, as to When & Where you can advertise, on your second post.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, Alaskan Kilted Guy said:

I like to wear my 5.11 Tactical Kilt in a lot of summer conditions. I generally don't like wearing my kilts when I do yard work and such as I sweat a lot and I don't like getting my kilts all sweaty.

No more 5.1.1 kilts anymore.