KT

What is your current favorite kilt?

I go to the X Marks forum from time to time. They are a bit uptight and kilt kops, but mean well I guess. BotK is a bit different in that respect. Anyway, I have seen Barb there as well as Steve. Both do good work. There are a few others as well. Whatever I do, I'll probably keep the money in the US for the custom kilt. Eventually, I want a couple for functions, Buchanan Ancient and either Anderson or Scott Red and a knock around or two in whatever. I like black watch for that as well as Scottish National. MacBeth is nice too. Of course a utility kilt too for the serious work. I'll start when I reach my goal weight. Down 133lbs since last june 19, 19lbs to go. 

As the lead Administrator on several international big board forums (and past staffer on still others) I can personally attest to the fact that EVERY forum has its perks, good and bad.

It's just another tribe who's dynamics are set by those in charge. **** rolls downhill or as my dad would say, il pesce puzza dalla testa. There will always be a pecking order and while it makes sense on some level, it's always right. Just saying as an observer of human interactions, online and off for a long time. 

BTW, congratulations on your weight loss! I need to lose some poundage myself, but if I did I'd have to sell off all  of my kilts and jackets and start over again :( 

That is my rationale at any rate. ;)

I need to shift the buckles on a few to get a little more use out of them, but I will have to replace them in a couple months. 

• Like 1

macmanjim, congratulations on the weight loss, I am on the same journey but hope I don't need to replace any kilts. You were asking about Barb Tewksbury's pricing. I have 3 kilts from her my Scottish Wildcat, shown on page 1 of this thread and 2 others my Royal Naval Association Tartan and Royal Stewart. Of my 20 or so kilts, these 3 are my go to kilts. Her kilts are worth every penny and will last you a lifetime. I think I paid about $600 or so for them, of course that can change for a number of reasons so it would be best to get in touch with her. Here is the link to the Royal Naval Association kilt story:

• Like 1