KT

What is your Favorite kilt accessory?

What is your favorite kilt accessory?

is it a custom or special sporran?

is it a sgain you found or had made?

is it something else?

I am torn between two.  I have a custom BOTK sporran by Wyvern Leather Works and a custom sgain made from a 2000-year olf australian iron bark tree and hand-made blade from Raptor.

what is your favorite kilt accessory?

A skunk sporran I made. My wife hates it so it seems less daylight than before and it needs a glass eye. One fell out. Then again, I might put a black leather eye patch on it. Skunk pirate sporran...I like it.

th.jpg

• Like 1

My sgain dub made by Eric Herring from wood from the USS Constitution. So cool

• Like 2

I don't have many but if I had to pick, it would be ME :th700d7c2b:

I have my badger sporran that I made myself.

• Like 1

The beautiful woman who walks with me, also known as my wife of almost 30 years.

Full mask sporrans all the way!  But I also love an interesting kilt pin, can really finish an outift.

14672619_10153785129962307_1509168629_o.jpg

This is something that changes as time goes by, right now my favourite accessory would have to be this sgian dubh that my girlfriend's grandfather carved. It was his personal sgian and was made from ebony wood, with silver and a cairngorm stone on the top, nothing cheap here it was done right, to have it given to me as a gift really meant a great deal to me and it is wonderful to have a connection to the past. He was an award winning carver and was proud of his homeland and was a drummer in a pipe band. I've said it before that wearing the kilt makes you stand that much taller as you are standing on the shoulders of your ancestors, having a direct connection every time I wear the kilt makes me stand that much taller.

20151203_191744_zpsbtjxsgpj.jpg