KiltedKing

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Hello everyone, I'm new here, even new to kilting (if that is a term!). Today I received delivery of my first kilt! Okay, okay it's a utility kilt, maybe not viewed as a 'real' kilt here, but a kilt nonetheless. As an Englishman, I don't feel right donning tartan, but that might change once I get comfortable with this. 

As I opened the package, It was rather skirtlike than I expected (silly me), but once I felt the material and put it on I was smitten. They are beautiful. Aren't they? I feel real excited to enter a new phase in my life..a new kilted me. 

Brian

Welcome from western Pennsylvania and the great city of Pittsburgh! I have no known heritage of kilting and have been wearing them with increasing frequency for the past few years. It is rare in the States to see someone out and about in a kilt. Strange because they are very comfortable. I have also noticed that I get less tired when I wear a kilt. 

Hi Joe. I was in Pittsburgh in September 2016 in an awesome America trip taking in two coasts and some of the middle. I loved it! I didn't see any kilts though. I should have worn one for the Grand Canyon trip....but I wasn't into them then. Thanks for replying

Welcome from Victoria BC Canada!

welcome!  I have a many utility kilts, and and if anyone here starts giving you crap about your new kilt, let me know directly!  I allow a very wide bearth when it comes to most every topic of discussion, but I have a very little tolerance for the kilt police.

what kind of kilt did you get, from where and what design and color is it?

• Like 1

KT...that's real nice. Thank you. 

My kilt is a black wilderness kilt from a supplier in the UK, perfect for spring/summer hikes in 2017. I'm really enjoying wearing it now though, the socks arrived yesterday, the belt today. Maybe I'll wear it cross country when I take a train trip in January. Exciting! 

Howdy from the Republic of Texas! Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Wool kilt, utility kilt, poly kilt, etc. As long as it is a kilt, it's all good.th.jpg