The Amadan

new family member

Our English Mastiff "Zeus" passed away, this summer, after 13 years of gental loyalty.

We had not planned upon looking into another dog, until after the new year.

However, friends were in need of re-homing their adolescent canine, a Newfoundland.

I introduce you to "Bo", who has agreed to adopt the wife & myself:

22853144_10214655512005165_3630050093113024636_n.jpg.324a992db09d0344660f38691c1b4a56.jpg

I sure do like Newfies! Every one I've known has been a wonderful dog. Even the one described below:

Many years ago, my stepfather and I did a lot of fence-building. On one job, there was a neighbor whose Newfie had run of the neighborhood (despite leash laws). The dog was a real sweetheart, and of course was curious about the noise we were making doing our work, so came over to inspect us. Over the time we were there, he figured out our morning tea/coffee break time, and made a point to be there in case cookies were available.

There remained a place on the truck tailgate where "Newfie Drool" had taken away the paint (admitting that this was an early-70s Chevrolet pickup, and the paint was notorious on trucks of that era).

Many happy days, months, and years for you and your new family member!!

Edited by bikeolounger

That Is AWESOME We Have A Boarder Collie and a German Short Hair and Wire Hair Griffin Mix the Boarders Name is Mejo and the G.S.H. W.G. is Lizzy. Lot's of Luck.

John

After many years of not feeling that I had a life that would be good for dogs, we now have two.

To backtrack a bit, however, when I was a kid, we had a Basset Hound named Grover. He was, in many ways, a Basset's Basset. Many Basset people think Basset Hounds should have names with a certain ostentatious ring to them, and while Grover was part of our family, I happened on the thought that two Basset Hounds named after the Wright brothers would be fun.

Fast forward to my fifty-fifth birthday a year and a half ago, and Jenn has been wanting another dog since Cisco passed away in 2013.

We have Wilbur and Orville!

we like our stump.jpg

• Like 1

Good Looking Kids I have been into dogs A little over two years After I was gifted the Boarder Collie Still a Lot to Learn.

john

My wife's parents have a Border Collie. I refer to her as my "dog in law." Border Collies are very smart dogs, and can be over-achievers if trained well. They definitely need jobs to keep them busy.

I've been a cat person most of my life. My wife wanted a dog a few years back, so we got one from the rescue, cairn and dashund. He thinks he can take on anything and is the best judge of character I've met. He's a little like Joe Pesci though. He doesn't like male strangers for the most part and wants to take a piece out of them. very protective little chap. He also will jump into the pool to save me if I swim under water. They definitely grow on you. 

Currently, Bo has me in a training curriculum.
Here, I am learning to be his TV pillow:

23517453_10214787035933181_8249218971532000796_n.thumb.jpg.e321572e211aaaacce114b5766be2965.jpg

Looks like You are Doing a Good Job He Looks Good on You.

John