mbnude

Recently Enlightened

Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I've been kilt-curious for long time and was "Recently Enlightened" :) I bought a Sport Kilt and wore it out & about for the first time yesterday. Totally casual with a long-sleeve t-shirt and barefoot (I am always barefoot).

I went to Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, and Winn-Dixie and, while there were a few double-takes, no negative comments or sneers. In fact as I was going back to my car, a lady shouted "I love your kilt - My husband is Scottish". That made my day and I expect to wear it when ever I go into town. I guess I'll need to get a couple more kilts, though.

If all goes well, I hope to connect the dots across the pond with Clan Boyd and eventually get a formal outfit.

Edited by mbnude

Barefoot can be hazardous here. In the summer, you can burn your feet and then there's all the rockscape. Other than that, it works. 

The only rocks around here are imported and hot surfaces don't bother me anymore. I would probably not go barefoot all the time in AZ, though. Not with all those tire-piercing goad head burrs! (Or was that in the Mojave Desert - or both?)

ght.jpg

10 hours ago, mbnude said:

The only rocks around here are imported and hot surfaces don't bother me anymore. I would probably not go barefoot all the time in AZ, though. Not with all those tire-piercing goad head burrs! (Or was that in the Mojave Desert - or both?)

ght.jpg

You'd burn your feet here. I can feel it through motorcycle boots when stopped at lights and I've seen it where the blacktop softened up. I found out the hard way going out of the house barefoot to get the garbage cans in and got halfway out the driveway and realized my mistake and made a hasty retreat. That was in june of that year and I just moved here. Also, everything here has thorns of some sort. 

Welcome, from the southcentral valley, of the pleasant Commonwealth of Pennsylvania!

Thank you, Oh great Wisecracker!

It's been a week for me in a kilt in the Redneck Riviera with nary a negative comment. Even the local yocals have given me positive comments. So I ordered a UT Kilt and look forward to all its pockets.

I'm thinking I need some alternatives so I'm not wearing the same kilt every day, but dad gummit, here I am buying clothes again :angry:! At least it'll be kilts from now on :)

P.S. Is there any real $ benefit to membership here? I donated, but I've only seen a bunch of dead links so far . . . Not a big worry for me, but just wondering?