The Amadan

My annual salutation

Recommended Posts

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that the United States Of America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.

Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, Coca Cola®/Pepsi® predilection, age, Android®/iPhone® preference, physical ability, modern/traditional kilt attire, professional sports team affiliation, religious faith, sexual orientation, or Mac/PC choice, of the wishee.

By accepting these greetings, you are accepting the aforementioned terms as stated. This greeting is not subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself/himself/others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot Yankees/Red Sox Rangers/Islanders. I am sure there are others. :D Back at you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, macmanjim said:

You forgot Yankees/Red Sox Rangers/Islanders. I am sure there are others. :D Back at you. 

:nono:It clearly states "professional sports team affiliation"

 

LOL Have a great holiday season & new year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Amadan said:

:nono:It clearly states "professional sports team affiliation"

 

LOL Have a great holiday season & new year!

Some would call it religion and we haven't even gotten to Harley Davidson or Ford vs Chevy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you or not for the issuance of the annual Holiday / Christmas greeting/salutation.

It is a much enjoyed read , always bringing a great laugh.

Cheers to All

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, macmanjim said:

Some would call it religion and we haven't even gotten to Harley Davidson or Ford vs Chevy!

LOL. So true.


I have a favored NFL team, but since I don't actually suit up & take to the field... does it really matter?:huh: Only minuscule influence I could have upon pro sports is financial, through product purchase.

 

Ridden/owned many brands of 'cycles over the years - I've always stated: "Ride what's best for you."

 

Ford vs Chevy? Meh... I have no automotive brand allegiance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Amadan said:

LOL. So true.


.. does it really matter?:huh: Only minuscule influence I could have upon pro sports is financial, through product purchase.

 

 

 

 

I have come to the same conclusion. I grew up in a republican Yankees, Rangers, Giants household, but now I hold no sports, political or religious affiliation. If it's not my idea, words that came from my head out of my mouth or I have skin in the game being on the field or ownership of a team or org, then I have no reason to personalize it as such and defend it or defend any brand or group/tribe. I tend to be heterodoxical in thought anyway and it's funny when people find out my opinion on X and then presuppose I belong to a set group and have a set of opinions and beliefs based on that one thing. It's very facile thinking by them and I think it shows how we're in the mess we are. Most people really don't want to think more than a layer deep. I've been accused of being a liberal and conservative, sometimes in the same thread by different folks. It's not that I am middle of the road, but that I have values based on a different premise, which isn't left-right. 

 

Happy New Year Amadan!

 

Jim -- The Neapolitan Scotsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, macmanjim said:

 

 

I have come to the same conclusion. I grew up in a republican Yankees, Rangers, Giants household, but now I hold no sports, political or religious affiliation. If it's not my idea, words that came from my head out of my mouth or I have skin in the game being on the field or ownership of a team or org, then I have no reason to personalize it as such and defend it or defend any brand or group/tribe. I tend to be heterodoxical in thought anyway and it's funny when people find out my opinion on X and then presuppose I belong to a set group and have a set of opinions and beliefs based on that one thing. It's very facile thinking by them and I think it shows how we're in the mess we are. Most people really don't want to think more than a layer deep. I've been accused of being a liberal and conservative, sometimes in the same thread by different folks. It's not that I am middle of the road, but that I have values based on a different premise, which isn't left-right. 

 

Happy New Year Amadan!

 

Jim -- The Neapolitan Scotsman

Yep, pretty much my personal stance, in general, as well.

I find ye olde "us vs them" mentality to be pointless, presumptive, limited in scope,  and tired. 

 

-Tony

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now