I have 2 acrylic kilt coming from  UT  kilts it been 6 weeks now can't wait for them to get here a grey watch and a Brotherhood of the kilt . Trying to get a good  kilt base for my trip to WDW  in November I plan on bing killed that hole trip. When I get them that will give me 3 acrylic  2 wool and 1 utility to take. for a 7 day 6 night stay. 

I have bought 3 kits from Brice. My first was a black watch standard utility kilt. It's too big for me now, but I cinch it on with a belt. It's pilled quite a bit too, but I work at home with it and it's taken it's share. I bought a Scottish National in wool on clearance. I couldn't pass it up as it was a 25" drop and I just bought an acrylic black watch to replace my utility and for other stuff. I bought my belt and two sporrans from him too. I just got a coyote sporran. Can't wait to try it out. One of these days I'll wear it to work to scare the crap out of my co-workers. They don't know I kilt. 

I have 3 sporrans from from UT kilts, Brown day ,semi-formal, and Rob Roy.the first 2 are a little small but the Rob Roy seems to be working well. belt ,buckle kilt pin. How long did it take for your acrylic to start pilling? I like the acrylic kilt but it is a little stiff, love the price of them.I have 2 wool ones from them got both of them on clearance they are a little short so I wear them at my Jean waist.

14 minutes ago, Elden Peterson said:

I have 3 sporrans from from UT kilts, Brown day ,semi-formal, and Rob Roy.the first 2 are a little small but the Rob Roy seems to be working well. belt ,buckle kilt pin. How long did it take for your acrylic to start pilling? I like the acrylic kilt but it is a little stiff, love the price of them.I have 2 wool ones from them got both of them on clearance they are a little short so I wear them at my Jean waist.

The utility kilts don’t seem to be as heavy as the traditional ones. It started pilling after a few months, lightly, but I’ve worn it a lot doing carpentry, plumbing and demo, so it got worse. If I get another utility kilt, I’d want a heavier fabric like what’s on the utilikilt Workman. That shouldn’t pill. The good thing is that I can put it in the wash. I usually put it in solo, unwrapped and then lay it flat to dry. 

did it stay stiff or did it loosen up ? I have only had mine on a couple of times,haven't even washed it yet. Do you put a iron to it at all ?

It loosened up. I put an iron to it once. I probably should do it again. Also, I use cold water, gentle cycle. Their utility kilts should be longer, like 24” and have a little more yardage for pleats so it sits right. I’ll probably always buy stuff from Brice, but I’m interested in the utilikilt Workman or a stumptown kilt when they come out with one in 25” drop, which is due soon. When I get to my goal weight, I plan on getting something nicer in my wife’s family tartan, which is Buchanan, I like the ancient version, or Anderson or Scott, which is in my background. Maybe both. I like USA kilts or I would use Steve Ashton of freedom kilts. Some say a sportkilt is a good thing to have too, but I find them pricey for what they are, as the charge for every little thing. I was considering that too as I want to do a kilt run on st Patrick’s day. Maybe I’ll just wear the acrylic black watch I just got. I’ll be a bit heavy though.

I am short 5'4" so I like UT special order one's.I have looked around as well but don't have a lot of money to but to kilt's so I go back to UT every time,I got my first one last September and with the 2 that are coming I will have 7 all from UT.the wife has been great about me buying them and likes me in them which is a plus. I like the swing of the wool better so that is what I am looking at now.there is 6 that I like Macleod Dress, MacMillan Black, Stewart Dress, Celtic, Carnegie Ancient, Black Watch. I say go for it on St Patrick's day just get out there and do your best.I need to start walking to get ready for are trip to WDW in November they say you can walk around 10 miles a day or more.

The wool does swing better. I'm 6'5, so there's that. Funny thing though, my dad's side is Italian and he was the tallest in his family at 5'9. Uncle Carmine was 5'5, Uncle Mike 5'4 and Grandpa was 5'1, Grandma 4'11. My mom's side is mostly anglo/UK with a little french and german thrown in. She was 5'7, her dad was 6' and had a brother that was 6'3. The thing is physically, I am a much bigger version of my dad. Different chin and nose with lighter skin. Genetics is a crap shoot. 

I here that My dad 5'7" and mom was 5'6" but I am the tallest of there 4 kids .

I am the tallest. My brother is 6' and sisters 5'4, but they had a different father, who was Irish descent and maybe 5'8. The other thing is I was born 10 weeks premature, so I am a freak of nature in our families. 

• Haha 1

Hi Dear!

I know two sites. They have many awesome kilts, Check these sides

sports.com

scottishkiltshop.com

Edited by Minahil