paulhenry

Interested in a run of BOTK tartan in 16oz wool?

I've been talking to Kevin about the possibility of doing a run of the BOTK tartan in 16 oz wool- would anyone be interested. I would be prepared to keep a little stock, but would also need to have a few orders to start with.
The price will change dramatically with increased yardage, but even with a small order the price will be comparable to a standard Lochcarron stock cloth, and it could get to £36 with a 40 yard order or even cheaper with more.
The cloth would be double width, so for an 8 yard kilt only 4 yards would be needed.

This is just a first post to try and get an idea of the interest, I've also posted on facebook, so apologies for any duplication.1

I've done many runs of different tartans , and am happy to supply cloth only , or other items  such as kilts, ties etc if asked, but I'd be happy to get hold of the cloth first!

BOTK tartan.jpg

For those of us on the left side of the pond, that's $50 US/yd + cost of making the kilt. 

I would love to be in on that but that isn't in the cards right now.I am looking to get a Wayvern sporran.

I would love to too, but I am in the process of losing weight and won't get a decent kilt until I reach my goal weight and then it will be the family tartans first. 110 down, 47 to go. 

IIRC, $50/yd is pretty good (the last time I priced Armstrong tartan, it was in the range of $75/yd).

What will it cost to get one made?