KiltedYaksman

Kilted Chronicles 8: Kilted Fishing Trip

Went to some secluded lakes in Northern Ontario, a lot farther North than the big wildfires we are currently having around Parry Sound, although I did drive past those.  The kilt didn't see the inside of the boat, mainly to avoid being hit with fish slime and all that good stuff.  However, I did take time to wear it on a morning hike and snap a few shots while dismantling my tent before the camera battery died.  Hiking in the Canadian shield in the kilt is glorious.

Advice

In the photos I am still wearing normal socks.  Wear proper kilt hose to cover more of your leg from mosquitoes and horse flies.

Bring a nice wool kilt to wear while not fishing, but have an acrylic, or even older, more worn wool kilt if you plan to do activities where you expect to get filthy.

Screenshot from 2018-08-02 07-50-06.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-02 07-49-35.png

• Like 1

Looks Nice up There I Have Paddeled the B.W.C.A. and into Canada but not too far in.How was the Fishing.

John

Cool.  I haven't done any paddling like that.  The fishing was really bad in all of the lakes I tried, which a few years back were quite reliable.  Has to do with the dry summer and extremely low water levels.

I haven't fished in decades. My experience is limited to northern Maine and Long Island. Very different from each other.