Chris Webb

Under the Kilt

185 posts in this topic

The only thing under my kilt is lipstick......

If I'm lucky!

I was always under the assumption that being "regimental" was the way to go with a kilt, so that's what I always did for the longest time.

At least until I considered riding my motorcycle in my kilt, at which point I donned a pair of compression shorts long enough to provide some protection to my upper legs should the unthinkable happen, but short enough that they never showed while sitting. Though now that I think about it, I'm sure they became visible due to the wind at 70 mph. Even my best attempt at tucking the kilt didn't seem to do much at that speed.

I don't make an effort to put anything on under, but occasionally the urge to wear a kilt strikes me after being dressed and I simply swap out p@nt$ for the kilt without making any undergarment modifications.

As a doctor I can say going regimental in creases your chances of being fertile. As a man that is. Also there are practical things like going to the bathroom that are made easier etc. Also if you are just carful there is need to be exposed if you where a heavy woolen kilt.

As a doctor I can say going regimental in creases your chances of being fertile. As a man that is. Also there are practical things like going to the bathroom that are made easier etc. Also if you are just carful there is need to be exposed if you where a heavy woolen kilt.

I would never dream of having a bath wearing any clothes. I have recently read of slips a man can wear under his kilt to prevent hard to clean skid marks on expensive wool.

I see that I previously replied on this thread, but managed to not notice the mention of potential legal action in Texas from the original post. I find this sort of amusing as I had an interaction with a police officer here while wearing a kilt. I had gone out regimental, and while leaving the establishment where I met my friends, a member of the local police force decided he didn't like the rate at which I accelerated from the stop light and I was pulled over, apparently on suspicion of DUI, as I did so right in front of him. (In my defense, I was in a very loud red Trans Am with a 3600 stall converter and very dark tinted rear window, and had no idea he was there. I honestly didn't leave quickly, just loudly, so I can't say knowing he was there would've made much difference.)

During the stop I was asked to step out of the vehicle and asked a series of questions (which I believe mostly to have been to test my sobriety), threatened with three separate emission violation tickets (at about $1,500 each) and then taken to the rear of the vehicle to be searched by the other officer. I believe they suspected I might have some less than legal substance on me after seeing my large wooden pipe (which only smells of tobacco, as that's all that's ever been in it). After emptying my pockets he began to pat me down, then proceeded to lift my kilt. I gave him a quick verbal warning "there's nothing under there sir!", which he discovered for himself about that same moment, and he sheepishly asked me to go stand on the sidewalk while they spoke in their patrol car. About five minutes later he apologized for everything and said they were letting me go with a warning to slow down when leaving stop lights.

I can't say this for certain, but I credit walking away without a ticket to having gone regimental that night. :eyespy:

Edited by jae
2 people like this

I didnt read the last nine pages.

I try to keep the mystery game of what's under the kilt going for the enjoyment of everyone that wears a kilt, and for the enjoyment of people who are brave enough to talk to the kilted.

Honestly I always wear undies. Under Armour 9" boxer jocks. Those who think that is disrespectful to the kilt tradition can suck an egg.

3 people like this

I love it!  The entire question is an endless opportunity for amusement.  Seems like some people always have to ask no matter where I go.  If it's a man asking the answer is generally "Your wife's lipstick" because it's really none of his business anyway and it's amusing to watch them grope for a response.  If it's a woman asking, especially an attractive one, the answer is generally "There's only one way to find out, but you're risking tremendous disappointment."  Sometimes they just have to see anyway, and I discovered that at some venues (ie. the Sturgis motorcycle rally) you actually get presented with strings of beads for this.  Whenever anyone asks "the question" my wife will usually roll her eyes in a "here it comes" manner.  :)

On 6/5/2015 at 1:14 PM, Joseph said:

I didnt read the last nine pages.

I try to keep the mystery game of what's under the kilt going for the enjoyment of everyone that wears a kilt, and for the enjoyment of people who are brave enough to talk to the kilted.

Honestly I always wear undies. Under Armour 9" boxer jocks. Those who think that is disrespectful to the kilt tradition can suck an egg.

I'm with you brother... If you've ever had a wee bit of chafing "on the tip", you know that wearing underwear is a good thing...

1 person likes this

My general response to 'what's under your kilt?':

"Apparently, your curiosity."

3 people like this

I to go bare beneath the kilt sometimes, but it depends on the circumstances usually wear something black underneath.