The Amadan

Then & Now

Wow, somebody in Des Moines that wears a kilt ! I knew there were other kilties around here, but not very many that I have been able find. Glad to see you here !

Wow, somebody in Des Moines that wears a kilt ! I knew there were other kilties around here, but not very many that I have been able find. Glad to see you here !

I'm so glad to see you here, now we can have get togethers and I won't be so jealous of the "bible-belters".

nope... the boys never paid attention to me or asked me out. If they liked me they never said it. Same thing in HS. I was never one of the popular girls. My really strict father was kind of a deterrant as well. I spent my HS years and most of that year of college convinced I was an ugly duckling.

Please excuse my boldness but I can not see how you could think that you were an ugly duckling, That is a great picture.

Please excuse my boldness but I can not see how you could think that you were an ugly duckling, That is a great picture.

Sounds like the boys needed to grow a pair of balls and stop being afraid of daddy.

shhh...dont tell anyone...but a gal who is as cute as that...AND poses with a pint o Guinness....?!?!?

shhh...dont tell anyone...but a gal who is as cute as that...AND poses with a pint o Guinness....?!?!?

Kinda makes you need to stop and adjust your sporran there bub?

hahah for sure!

...and i was gonna add...even after 3 pints of guinness and talk of the proper way to sear scallops...furry is still an ugly mug!!!

( love ya man...)

thanks guys... no way do i think i'm an ugly duckling now... but you know back then when you're a teenage girl you begin to wonder. Course now if I only had my current confidence and wisdom and that 18 year old body!!! ROFLMAO.. oh well. I like the me now way better. =) Thanks again for the ego boost! And yeah my dad was Major Deterrent. Hunter, career military, used to make boys come to the house in advance to ask if it was ok to take me out.. which only two were ever brave enough to do.

Okay, here is scary...LOL

This is me in the summer of 1985. I was 9 years old. I was at a church conference with my mom's mom.

Me with my dad's parents.

001-2.jpg

Me rollerskating

002-2.jpg

Me as a clown

003-2.jpg

Me in 1994 with a friend and snuggled with man I married. --EDIT-- I was 18 in this pic.

picofme001.jpg

Me in November of 2006. The picture was taken by my oldest who was 6 at the time. I was also looking into the sun.

jenni3.jpg

You have chubby chipmunk cheeks... My wife has chubby chipmunk cheeks... The best sorts of cheeks to smile with.

Or squint in to the sun.

Great Pics Jenni!! I remember rollerskating... I never had a pair of my own, but when I got the chance, I loved to skate!

Thanks for the comments. I just looked at the rollerskating photo and realized I had great legs back then. Okay, great for a 9 year old. I kind of wish I had them now...Oh Well.

Thanks for the comments. I just looked at the rollerskating photo and realized I had great legs back then. Okay, great for a 9 year old. I kind of wish I had them now...Oh Well.

nah! embrace your woman curves!!

nah! embrace your woman curves!!

I know and I am, it would just be nice to be that small again sometimes....LOL. I do know that I will never do that hair again. I looked like a brunette Littlle Orphan Annie....LMAO.

gotta LOVE a curvy gal....!!!

im gonna be that same kinda dad megs...any boy who even THINKS of courting MY girl had better show up early, return early and every sentence should end with sir or ma'am.

and just for kicks...im gonna require the first "real" boyfriend to recite sonnet #18

gotta LOVE a curvy gal....!!!

im gonna be that same kinda dad megs...any boy who even THINKS of courting MY girl had better show up early, return early and every sentence should end with sir or ma'am.

and just for kicks...im gonna require the first "real" boyfriend to recite sonnet #18

My husband has threatened to nail our oldest's first boyfriend to the front porch as a warning to all those to come, both her's and her younger sisters'. I personally believe that a strung bow and a quiver of broadheads is a good deterant. :nod1:archer.gifwilliamtell.gif

My daughter's 1st dates all had to arrive early so I could meet them and tell them:

"This is my daughter. She knows my rules. If any rules get broken while she is out with you, I will hold you mortally responsible. "

I made short and to-the-point... they didn't have to kiss my arse, just follow my reasonable guidelines.

I figure if they can't respect a 200lb biker, they aren't likely to respect my 100lb girl.

I only had to throw one punk to the curb... and after my daughter saw how he responded to me, she didn't want to date him anyway.

my dad didn't just make them show up early... they had to come over say on a wed. to meet his approval before I could go out on a Sat. not many thought I was worth the trouble. Too bad for them, little did they know!! LOL

I also had no curfew... meaning whatever I was going to my dad had to approve, then I had 5 minutes to get from there to the parking lot and into the vehicle and the driving time to get home based on mileage with a few extra minutes... there was no "show up whenever" I got grouded for 1 week for every minute late...whether it was my fault or the drivers. Back then we didn't have cell phones, so if I didn't call ahead of time with an "i'm dying and on my way to hospital" excuse, there was no excuse... oh yeah and I did the whole Sir Ma'am thing too.

Kept me off the bad stuff and out of trouble for the most part... cept when I discovered the friendly parental alibi.

:car-smiley-004:

you mean: 200lb KILTED biker.

Oh yeah... how'd I forget THAT part?

;)

;):ditto:

Kinda makes you need to stop and adjust your sporran there bub?

hahah for sure!

...and i was gonna add...even after 3 pints of guinness and talk of the proper way to sear scallops...furry is still an ugly mug!!!

( love ya man...)

ugly mug, eh? [shrug]

oh, it matters not a whappin heap

how uggsome or bonnie me mug be

for all the lillie lassies do leap

and chase o'er the lochs and land for me

all the other lads have yairns that reek

but wit and charm pierce like a dagger

me thick red pelt their fingers do seek

and beneth they find a fierce tadger

:KILT: