Brotherhood of the Kilt - www.KiltsRock.com UnionKilts Kilt and Thistle Scottish Shoppe Wyvern Leather Works - www.wyvernleatherworks.com

Photo

McFall clan connections?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KT

KT

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

Does anyone know of any connection with the surname McFall to any Scottish clan? I've not found much in my search.

KT
Founder,
Brotherhood of the Kilt

#2 Megs

Megs

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

Does anyone know of any connection with the surname McFall to any Scottish clan? I've not found much in my search.

http://www.houseofna...amily-crest.htm

BOTK MEMBER #106

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine, First Principles of Government“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.”– Thomas Paine, The Crisis, No. 1, 1776

My wild Irish Rose,

The sweetest flow'r that grows

You may search ev'rywhere

But none can compare

With my wild Irish Rose

Posted Image

#3 Megs

Megs

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

Not sure of the accuracy...but here are a few more links:

this site links MacFall to MacIntosh
Clan MacIntosh Septs

this site links MacFall to MacPherson:
Septs/Clans

this links it to Ulster and Scots in Ireland but also to MacIntosh
http://www.hoganstan...ity/lists/f.htm

clan MacIntosh... which apparently had issues with MacPherson... so maybe there was some mix
Clan MacIntosh

BOTK MEMBER #106

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine, First Principles of Government“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.”– Thomas Paine, The Crisis, No. 1, 1776

My wild Irish Rose,

But none can compare

With my wild Irish Rose

Posted Image

#4 Megs

Megs

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

And just for fun because I spell it differently than you... we're dry! LOL

Thomson

BOTK MEMBER #106

My wild Irish Rose,

But none can compare

With my wild Irish Rose

Posted Image

#5 KT

KT

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

I'll have to ask my mother in law if she knows anything about the connection. I'd love to get my wife a shawl in her own tartan!

KT
Founder,
Brotherhood of the Kilt

#6 Megs

Megs

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

I'll have to ask my mother in law if she knows anything about the connection. I'd love to get my wife a shawl in her own tartan!

this paper has a rough pic of the red and hunting tartan for MacIntosh
http://cmug.com/tuto...ame_History.pdf

I found another site that links them to my family MacKay, but the majority link it to Mackintosh or MacIntosh

BOTK MEMBER #106

My wild Irish Rose,

But none can compare

With my wild Irish Rose

Posted Image

#7 greenreaper

greenreaper

Recently Enlightened

• Forum User
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

After attending the Queen Mary Scottish Festival, Sunday past, i undertook a bout of websurfing and googling to try and find out which clans my family was aligned/associated with. Most of my reseach leads me to put the MacFalls as septs(allied by marriage?) of the MacPhersons and MacIntoshes.I have in my father's effects a "certified" family crest with the Clan Chattan "Touch not the cat bot a glove" seal included in it. I hope this helps you with your search!
Kenneth Leslie McFall

The "Brotherhood of the Kilt" logo is a registered trademark of SimpleSage, LLC, and may not be used without express written permission.
This website and all its contents © 2005-2012 SimpleSage, LLC and/or the original poster unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.