Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mcmurdo

IOS Argyll hose

13 posts in this topic

Today I had a package in the mail from Russett Lodge Custom Knits, yes my hand knit Argyll Isle of Skye hose from Diane have arrived.

These hose are hard to describe they feel soft, but they are chunky and warm and they look wonderful in my opinion, these are definitely a luxury item and I won't wear them often but they are perfect for really dressy occasions, I am very happy with them and I would and will recommend Diane and her work to any and all. I think I'm just about ready for Burns Night now with this latest package. Diane was wonderful to work with and I have to say through this process we have become friends.

100_1782.jpg

100_1783.jpg

100_1781.jpg

100_1777.jpg

Those look great!

Truly great combo! And the purple tie is an awesome accessory.

The wool looks very "fuzzy". (I'm sure Dread knows a more appropriate term.) Is it a silky wool or more sheep-like?

Merino is slightly fuzzy. Fuzzy is one of merino's best qualities, and why it is so highly prized.

You're gonna knock 'em dead come Burns night! The whole outfit is superb, but those hose top it off!

McMurdo, I am jealous. Those are BEAUTIFUL hose!!! I have simple white ones...I am feeling inadequate...

I know I've said it before but........you are a great representative for the kilt wearing society!!!!!!!

I can't stand the color of those kilt hose but..........it matches the tartan perfectly and you pull it off somehow.

Rock on Mcmurdo and keep up the great work!!!!!!!!

Turpin will be jealous. He loves his IOS kilt.

Well, not to be a pooper, but to be honest, the colors seem a bit off to me. Sorry Glen, the important thing is that you're happy with them.

Those remind me . . .

I am thinking of having one of Wilson and Sons of Bannockburn's unnamed tartans milled. It is an old tartan that carried in the 1810 and 1820 and so forth.

(This is from the period when tartans were first named and adopted by clans as official clan tartans.)

Wilsons160-STA958.jpg

If interested, let me know.

It would be $65/yard. I THINK the threshold for width is 10 yards (may be 20 or 30-> have to check with Matt Newsome). Under threshold is single width and over threshold is double (same price).

So, for ANY buy over the double width threshold, this mill (D. C. Dalgliesh) is THE BEST place to get it, PLUS you can get it in ANY tartan (even one YOU make up).