The Amadan

Teamspeak Voice Communications

OK,

I've set up a Teamspeak Server.

What does this mean?

Well, if you have a computer, microphone, speakers (or headset) and internet connection,

you can speak to other connected BoTK members... like you were on the telephone... free.

Currently, we can conference up to 20 people, on the server. (we may need to make adjustments for bandwidth, etc)

Here is the basic method for 1st time users connecting to TeamSpeak.

go to http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads and download TeamSpeak 2 Client

(1st one on list)

Install this small application.

Make sure your microphone and speakers are connected.

1. start TeamSpeak (TS)

2. click "Connection" (upper left corner)

it should now look something like this:

1stpage.jpg

3. click "connect"

4. a new box will open.

5. click "Local Addressbook" tab (at top left)

6. right-click "Servers"

7. select "Add Server"

8. a little box will open

9. in this box enter: BoTK Kilt Speak Server, then hit "enter" on your keyboard.

10. In the white boxes to the right, enter info until it looks like this:

newipunreg.jpg

11. enter your forum name in "nickname"

12. enter the Server Password "tartan".

13. select "Anonymous"

14. select "Auto-Reconnect"

15. Click "connect"

16 You're in!

Don't worry, this info is retained. Next time you want to connect, just do steps 1, 2, 3 & 15.

FOR REGISTERED USERS, ONLY:

(you must be on TS to be registered)

You will receive your TS registration info, in a PM, from myself.

Enter your info, so that it looks something like this:

newipregistered.jpg

What does registration mean?

Basically, it makes the server a bit more secure.

Essentially, anyone who visits BoTK forums can access the unregistered password, and connect to the server.

However, unregistered users have intentionally limited capabilities, within the server.

Being registered allows access to additional features, and gives our trusted members control over what is going on the server.

This server is dependent upon my household bandwidth needs.

If you are experiencing problems:

There are some excellent tutorials in the forums at http://www.goteamspeak.com/

or you can PM me.

Can not resolve host.

Of course, team speak does not have native mac software, I'm having to use an unofficial third party hack.

Never ran into that one before...

Can you get to the point where you can see the weblist, in TS?

69 <dot> 136 <dot> 95 <dot> 30 <colon> 8767

(MOD EDIT: thought it would be a good idea to make the above hard to read for bots.)

Sounds like a neat idea! Now if I had a microphone....

i cannont for the life of me find my old comm hs...ill steal one from wk and try tomorrow night

let's set a time when we can all get on and chat...base the time on server time (the time in the blue bar at the bottom right of this screen) so everyone is here at the same time.

let's set a time when we can all get on and chat...base the time on server time (the time in the blue bar at the bottom right of this screen) so everyone is here at the same time.

FYI:

Server time is EASTERN time, US.

I'd suggest after 8 PM (EST).

Putting kids to bed.

10 would be better (7 PM in Cali)

What would that be in Aussie-land?

I'd LOVE to hear Raptorese!

Anyone on?

I get:

Maybe the server is offline, or maybe teamspeak is not running on it.

Hello?

Anyone want to try and talk?

I want to see IF this works!

Oh . . . Duh.

So, he "took his server and went home . . ."

Someone call the mo-ron laird and WAKE HIM UP!

Kinda sucks that we can't use it 24/7.

yes yes a dedicated server! thats the ticket. Think of it, its like forum 3.14 no longer having to just post and use bad written grammer, no I can show you how badly I speak english as well! :heartbeat:

Yep, I also Downloaded the 3rd party Mac client, and I got the "server down" remark, so I am betting it works for me. I wish I controled my web host a bit more, but alas. Hey, wait, arn't there a gagel of techies up in here?

Also, kudos for picking an App that has Mac and Linux clients, I dreaded that it would only be of windows (shudders). If there was a dedicated server, what of the dangers of "Bots". If you tried chatting on Yahoo you know what bots are. They suck.

This is a really cool idea, kinda takes "Kilt Night" to a different arena.

Humm, I wonder if I can record the audio off of it - for use in my podcast. Interviews? groovy thought.

I could keep going on, but I should be going to bed.

Kilted Eric, when it is up and running, you backdoor the server through an IP addy. The mac client isn't so much a ch@t client, as it is a very crude server hack. Enter IP, password, connect.

It worked just fine once I got passed the crude interface.

yes yes a dedicated server! thats the ticket. Think of it, its like forum 3.14 no longer having to just post and use bad written grammer, no I can show you how badly I speak english as well! :heartbeat:

Yep, I also Downloaded the 3rd party Mac client, and I got the "server down" remark, so I am betting it works for me. I wish I controled my web host a bit more, but alas. Hey, wait, arn't there a gagel of techies up in here?

Also, kudos for picking an App that has Mac and Linux clients, I dreaded that it would only be of windows (shudders). If there was a dedicated server, what of the dangers of "Bots". If you tried chatting on Yahoo you know what bots are. They suck.

This is a really cool idea, kinda takes "Kilt Night" to a different arena.

Humm, I wonder if I can record the audio off of it - for use in my podcast. Interviews? groovy thought.

I could keep going on, but I should be going to bed.

Groovy?

I say it too. Must be a sub-genius thing.

ahh, i see. Now to figuar if I can record. I found a way, all be it long winded and a bit complicated, to record skype calls with out buying the $30 plug in. Now I will have to see about switching it.

And, no worrys, I would never record anything with out asking permission from the parties involved with out consent.

just thought I would say that.

ahh, i see. Now to figuar if I can record. I found a way, all be it long winded and a bit complicated, to record skype calls with out buying the $30 plug in. Now I will have to see about switching it.

And, no worrys, I would never record anything with out asking permission from the parties involved with out consent.

just thought I would say that.

can you record both sides of the call with good quality?

Dang, I can't get my blootoof headset to link up to my 'puter. :zidel: Gonna have to go find an older headset before i can join in these reindeer games!