AlphaKilts

Animal Mask Sporrans

B) If you were to kick me in the "nads" my Sporran would bite you! I'm thinking of getting one for my Wife. It's going to be a big brown beaver... ;)

Budog. B)

Mmm... Whel, they are animals and we use and eat them every day. There is no difference between an animal mask sporran and a leather belt. One just doesnt happen to look like the animal anymore. I love animals, I love to eat animals but I dont have any problem with wearing animals. Thats why they are there. As for kicking me in the sporran, im kinda into that sort of thing so if you want to send me your phone number maybe we could go out for a drink sometime. How is it so much worse that you use all of an animal rather than just the meat. If you want to talk about animal cruelty just think about that next hamburger you grab at McDonalds and how that cow was bread to grow up and then have a bolt shot thru its skull as soon as it was full grown. I dont live in a fantasy world where the little forest creatures are happy and content until the big bad hunter comes and kills their family. I know where my food comes from and where my big ass leather belts come from. So dont be a hypocrite and for the record I am a barbarian. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

LOL yay i've struck a nerve! woohoo. Actually I don't eat beef so i'm not a hypocrite for that reason lol. I don't wear leather either B) but I dont really object to others doing so as you've pointed out that the animals are already dead and their parts may as well be used. THAT I totally agree with. Waste not, want not. But, I just can't help the way I'd feel about it. I get upset passing roadkill. Seeing an aminals little face used as a pouch would most definitely make me vomit.

As for the latter comments. EVERYONE is a hypocrite at some time. I understand that animals are useful in many ways but the bottom line is that the world has changed. Things are not how they used to be. Most people buy their meat in a super market. Most people buy fur coats for the status...not b/c they don't want to waste the animal. If it isn't about wasting it the, then "designers" wouldn't charge insane prices for that stuff. Most of the animals killed for that type of thing aren't killed for their meat....I agree with Wages on this. I find that the senseless slaughter isn't justifiable. Plus I really like wolves alive rather than dead. Well, if one were to come at me while camping...you better believe i'd take it down in self defense but i'd probably bury it crying hysterically.

B) If you were to kick me in the "nads" my Sporran would bite you! I'm thinking of getting one for my Wife. It's going to be a big brown beaver... ;)

Budog. B)

LOL yeah I'd bite back. As for getting your wife a big brown beaver....well...I honestly can't think of a good reason why you would ever want to do that lol.

Well, if one were to come at me while camping...you better believe i'd take it down in self defense but i'd probably bury it crying hysterically.

Just like any true animal lover would.

LOL yeah I'd bite back. As for getting your wife a big brown beaver....well...I honestly can't think of a good reason why you would ever want to do that lol.

;) As far as the biting back goes, threaten me with a good time baby! B) And the "Big Brown Beaver" comment is a reference to a Primus song, "Wynona had a big brown beaver..." B)

BTW: My Daughter Leigh has a Deviant Art account, her screen name is: Username92...

Budog. B)

i294564298_11365_5.gif

Budog. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: As long as my sporran doesn't do this, I'm ok... B)

Budog. B)

skin- clothing/leathers

meat- food

bones- weapons

organs- fertilizer

blood- other fertilizers/paints

this is how the cavemen did it, as well as ted nugent does it.

Uncle Ted wouldnt lead us astray.

Haggis! Don't forget haggis!

As far as using fur for a sporran? Waste not want not.

The problem I had was with that particular animal. just didn't enjoy looking at it's face, but the fact is that I grew up in a hunting household and have no problem with it... IF , and this is a big IF the animal's sacrifice is being respected. There are a lot of Fur wearers and Hunters who aren't really hunters, but just Trophy Hunters. This I disagree with, much like the men around here who sit in their trucks with a box of donuts and let their dogs chase the deer out before they shoot them.

If you're using the entire animal, then Hooray for you! If not, you deserve a swift kick in the arse.

If you're a woman wearing a fur and you don't have the cajones to go kill, bleed, gut and skin your own animal, then you deserve to wear a can of red peta paint... otherwise if you're the other type.. I hope those PETA people know how to run faster than your bullets. LOL

Hunting for sport or trophy is disgusting. Hunting for subsitence or as a way of life and you utilize all the animal has to offer and whatever you don't you give to those in need... that is a native way and I have no problem with that.

Sorry to Hijack the thread AK...but I just found the wolf disturbing to look at. I won't hunt them or Bear.

I think I am going to go with a smaller animal anyways. Dread mentioned that timberwolves are pack hunters and I would hate to break up a family. lol Anyways my issue is that I would love to go hunt and kill it myself and eat it and use the fur to make a sporran but I have no time to learn taxadermy and that is an art form anyways. You see fur sporrans all the time but as soon as you put a face to the fur, lol, everyone has issues...

Timberwolves just came off the endangered species list just a few weeks ago and are already dying in large numbers as people go on hunting sprees.

Read about wild life officers finding a pack of wolves, all dead, skins gone. It made me very sad. Right back to extinction.

Wolves are to close to dogs... I think that people should only shoot them if they are attacked by them in the first place.

Just think of the pick up lines ..."say hello to my little friend"!

"hey,baby,you like my critter?"

it would shock me that they are on th elist to begin with. the are abundant here.

I have to say that i use leather for allot of things, i enjoy using leather and have no issues with people who do, i think that if one was to make a sporran from a face though, it should be from a road kill or something similar. mainly because when someone wants a coyote head, they dont do anything else with it other than take the fur. that does not give license to start chasing Thumper through the woods with your 4X4 though. :P

Timberwolves just came off the endangered species list just a few weeks ago and are already dying in large numbers as people go on hunting sprees.

Outright slaughters sadden me especially when its done by poachers. As far as for the timber wolves are concerned I'm not surprised.

Every see how much a timber wolf hides go for?

Pricey

Ladies and gentlemen, Please check this link out! I use leather for my products. I believe that is the very best material there is for a number of uses. I don't like full mask sporrans. They are just not my thing. But, I beleive opinions are like @#$$holes, everyone has one. I just get a little flustered with any one who thinks thet they are actually vegan. It's not possible! Check the list out!

http://www.rense.com/general6/cow.htm

PS: sorry for the rant!

Hmmmm,

PRODUCTS FROM WOOL

asphalt binder

carpet

clothing

cosmetics

fabrics

felt

insulation

lanolin

medical ointments

paint and plaster binder

pelt products

rouge base

rug pads

upholstery

woolen goods

worsted fabric

yarns

So I suppose they mean Sheep, But I see no Haggis...... :lol:

Can we get a full mask Haggis sporran? How about a dragon, unicorn, muppet, etc?

Ladies and gentlemen, Please check this link out! I use leather for my products. I believe that is the very best material there is for a number of uses.

Thanks for sharing that Donnie. That's one heck of a list!

Sorry for the rant yesterday, I had just had about enough of some people I did a tour for. They started their "I totally vegan" speech while we were feeding some bison. I just feel like they are such hippocrits. Most people have no idea how important the beef industry is as a whole. We we are predators ourselves, I don't care what anyone thinks. Look at any truly vegitarian animal. There eyes are on the side of their head, so they can see what is sneaking up behind them, with the intent to eat them. Any predator has their eyes in the front, binocular vision. That way they can focus on what they are trying to catch to eat! Where are our eyes? If any one truly lives a vegan lifestyle, no animal products or byproducts of any sort, they will be emaciated, naked, smelly and very tired from walking everywhere! :machinegunsmiley:

Sorry for the rant and stealing the thread!

Can we get a full mask Haggis sporran? How about a dragon, unicorn, muppet, etc?

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooo, not the muppets. please not the muppets. fraggle rock ok, but not the muppets. lol