Sign in to follow this  
Des804

Hello.

Sorry Im not so good at introducing myself was trying to get Rygars help cause hes better at this then I am. My Name is Des and I make Chainmaille Jewelry, Armour, and Accessories. At the moment I am working on redoing my site along with taking better Photos of the things I have on there and putting photos of new stuff on there. I will be instituting a better Shopping cart system once I get it figured out how to go about the 10% discount to BOTK members so for now if you like anything you see please Send paypal Payment to me through the Email on my site along with information on what item what bead color if it has beads on it along with any sizes that would be needed to make the item. Thank you very much and I hope I didn't make to much of an loon out of myself with this post.

Been mailling for almost 10 years now. I have a necklace in a B Class horror movie on an Actress Named Syn Devil the movie is called Curse of Pirate Death. I have yet to buy my first kilt Im trying to get down to a lower waist line but I did find out the prices for if I got one at this moment. All of my stuff is at the moment made of Aluminum unless otherwise stated or if another metal is wanted with a price adjustment if needed for any other metal. All of my products have a guarantee if it breaks all I ask is that you pay for the shipping to my house and back to your house and I will repair it for free as long as its not extensive damage ( I don't want to get a single ring back for a necklace or a couple of rings back and be told to repair it ). Other then that anyone have any other questions Feel free to answer and if you have any items you think would look great that I dont have on my site that you would like to buy in maille form tell me what it is if I've made it I'll let you know if not Im always willing to try my hand at new things ( is waiting for that one person to commission a Chainmaille Kilt before I decide to make one for myself ).

Chainmaille Kilt....that would be immensely heavy, and hell on the wedding tackle.

how long do you think it would take to make one?

Firstly The one I was pondering making would be aluminum or if I want to make it quickly though more costly would be made from thin Stainless Welded Mesh. That is if I don't put a tartan on it. I was figuring Roughly if I were to work on such an item and was able to pull it off probably take me about half a year to a year to put it together and fix all the little tweaks the main problem being how it will wrap around and also the pleats. I have made Chainmaille Skirts and Dresses before but this would be something completely different. I think first things first is I would have to get my hands on a Kilt first hand and try and copy it from that. Its not a project I plan on working on in the next Couple of Weeks or Months but Sooner or later I will try my hand at it and You guys will be the first to see it completed. Then a matching Chainmaille Sporran will follow.

A maille kilt would certainly be one for the history books. Get some of those for our men and women fighting the Taliban and the war would be over!

Sounds like an interesting idea... what would the cost be around?

I havent the slightest idea of how Much materials or Work it would take to get the kilt made so I dont know a price sorry. It might be an auction item.

:D welcome aboard! I am wondering, do you make an anklet like the gypsy necklace? I used to have one from turkey that broke years ago and I'd like to replace it.

I hope I didn't make to much of an loon out of myself with this post.

Au contraire. Up here in Canada, we think so highly of loons, we put them on our coinage! :D

Welcome!

Like my favorite Saying goes Megs ' If you build it they will Buy and hopefully come back for more' I can make anything into anything else pretty much along with a lot of other stuff I have made which Im trying to remake and get pictures of including Gypsy Belts with all the nice shiny Scale Dangles. Bracers, Hauberks ( chainmaille shirts ) Coifs ( Chainmaille Head Covers ) Hackey sacks made with chainmaille I have one right here need to take a picture of and load plus many other items so yes I can make an anklet with the Gypsy Bracelet if your interested let me know.

Like my favorite Saying goes Megs ' If you build it they will Buy and hopefully come back for more' I can make anything into anything else pretty much along with a lot of other stuff I have made which Im trying to remake and get pictures of including Gypsy Belts with all the nice shiny Scale Dangles. Bracers, Hauberks ( chainmaille shirts ) Coifs ( Chainmaille Head Covers ) Hackey sacks made with chainmaille I have one right here need to take a picture of and load plus many other items so yes I can make an anklet with the Gypsy Bracelet if your interested let me know.

yes... i'd be interested in the anklet and the belt that look like the gypsy necklace with the little bells. PM me a cost estimate if you could... and I will start pulling it together. =)

Welcome Aboard! I spoke to Rygar a while back about your men's braclets. Looking forward to working something out in the future.

Welcome from Kentucky!

welcome!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this