Sign in to follow this  
jmack

Ghillies/Boots

How much do you charge for the foot wear? Especilly the boot on the bottom. How big can you make them?

awesome looking stuff. i'm interested in pricing as well. plus could you describe what is all between the foot and the ground? (layers, materials, etc)

thanks

-ian

very authintic looking 8) I like the boots.

All my footwear is 100% 5-6 oz. leather, standard Ghillies are $55.00 High top go for $65.00, and knee high (not shown) are $150.00. The side lace boots go for $300-400 depending on height,buttons etc... All are custom fit to each person and HAND SEWN using artificial sinew. Sole is two layers of leather sewn to bottom of shoe/boot with a neoprene high traction (conveyor belt) sole glued to them. These are the only 100% hand made (no machine at all) Ghillies, Boots I know of and are priced at or well below any comparable makes. I can fit ANYONE, regardless of size/width

The band Albannach all wear my product as do many of their fans.Other customers are from the Scottish bands Clann An Drumma and The Trybe as well as Sir David Ross. I will be at Grandfather Mountain Highland Games in N. Carolina this July 10-16. Just ask anybody from Albannach "where is JMack?" Hope this helps.

John

:) John, I really like those hi-top boots! Something to save for in the future...

What Tartan is that on those kilts?

Budog. 8)

The gentleman in that pic is Brendan McCabe from the Scottish band The Trybe:

http://www.thetrybe.org/ .

He also is a member of Crann Tara : http://www.cranntara.org.uk/index.html

a Scottish historical group. The McCabes are a sept of the MacLeod clan.The tartan appears to be close to the MacLeod Soc. of Scotland pattern. I will get with him to find out.

John

Update... I just received word from Brendan, he normally wears the MacLeod Tartan, however in that pic he is wearing Lindsay.

:D My Son's In-Law's are Maxwell's Their Tartan is also Red and Green, but the red is more prominant in their Tartan...

:) When we order boots from a distance do you need a tracing of our foot or just measurements?

Budog. 8)

Best way for the boots is a personal fitting. If this is not possible, then contact me thru my WWW link on my post or profile and I can give detailed instructions on how to do it. For the ghillies all I need is a tracing of your right foot, for the Ghillie Knee high I will also need a few extra measurements.

John

Hello Jmack

How much do you charge for the foot wear? Especilly the tall boot on the bottom. How big can you make them? How can I order them.

Extremely interested...

I particularly like the look of the first pair.

Now... to gather the funds...

might want to send him a PM...haven't seen him around in a bit.

Are you still making these boots? We're trying to get period accurate boots for my husband so that we can work Faire next year. He'll be going as a "middle class" Scottish merchant. Interested in ordering a pair if possible.

are you still making these shoes? i am getting married in august and need them for the guys. one guy is 6'8" and wears a 15 wide. i can't find that size anywhere without spending a fortune. part of our gift for the guys is their shoes. these being hand made would be amazing! can you PLEASE help!!! do you have a website? how can you be reached???