OFCJAX

Wild A$$ Idea thread.

Black thread sounds good. I don't think we need the real flame retardant thread since I don't plan to wear the kilt while actually firefighting a decent black thread should do. I also like the spring snap closure idea

Black thread sounds good. I don't think we need the real flame retardant thread since I don't plan to wear the kilt while actually firefighting a decent black thread should do. I also like the spring snap closure idea

PAkiltedFF

I don't know your age, but I'm an "old jake" that rode the tailboard, used to complete entry without SCBA, and back before nomex and nomex hoods, and used my ears to tell me when we were too deep. I have to say that I have done a LOT of crazy things in my life, but I have never ever thought of wearing a kilt to a fire, ... LOL. I think that might be a rough way to do it, even in a defensive mode, ... LOL. Could you imagine riding a tailboard with a kilt on :jumping-smiley-011: , ... LOL. The woman would have been following the trucks for that shot! How about hanging upside down doing an auto extrication with a kilt on :o Oh I can think of so many ways to get in trouble at the station while kilted. I wish I had kilted myself years ago, but then I probably would have gotten in more trouble, .... LOL, ... Mark

I founded and used to run a nationwide fire related charity, and we used to have bolt after bolt (Nomex, PBI and more) of material and a bunch of thread too. Unfortunately, another fire related charity stole the organization and booted me out of the org I founded and took all of the equipment (about $7 million worth). Later the same org(s) were fined by the PA attorney for $150,000 and were not allowed to operate in PA again. If I was still there, I could hook you up with all of that at wholesale, ... either that or I would have bought it out of my pocket in exchange for a third kilt, ... LOL, ... Mark

I have some OD nomex thread I got for $1 at a surplus store. Black would be nice, but I aint paying $93 for a lb of thread!

PAkiltedFF

I don't know your age, but I'm an "old jake" that rode the tailboard, used to complete entry without SCBA, and back before nomex and nomex hoods, and used my ears to tell me when we were too deep. I have to say that I have done a LOT of crazy things in my life, but I have never ever thought of wearing a kilt to a fire, ... LOL. I think that might be a rough way to do it, even in a defensive mode, ... LOL. Could you imagine riding a tailboard with a kilt on :jumping-smiley-011: , ... LOL. The woman would have been following the trucks for that shot! How about hanging upside down doing an auto extrication with a kilt on :o Oh I can think of so many ways to get in trouble at the station while kilted. I wish I had kilted myself years ago, but then I probably would have gotten in more trouble, .... LOL, ... Mark

Acually some members from the pipe band I belong to made the mistake of riding the tailboard of an old tiller truck on its return to the Fire Museum! Even though the rig was not moving real fast they still had "issues" I started in the fire service on 1993 while in college.

Acually some members from the pipe band I belong to made the mistake of riding the tailboard of an old tiller truck on its return to the Fire Museum! Even though the rig was not moving real fast they still had "issues" I started in the fire service on 1993 while in college.

LOL, I can see that now! I could also hear the chatter that went with it, ... LOL. Sounds like you weren't far behind me as far as starting time. I was in mostly rural fire departments that didn't have much money, so we had less equipment. Iron-lungs! If you weren't puking from the smoke, ... you were being lazy, ... LOL. Have a good one, and be safe, ... Mark

OFCJAX:

I will need an address to send the materials to once I get my triple trim can you PM me so I can get that information?

I finally got the trim today! I will put the materials in the mail in the next day or so.

Here's the pics of me in my Hawiian Kilt. I won "Best Dressed" at the Luau too.

n1036261713_353116_470293.jpg

Cant see much as the shirt was longer than I thought (worked out for me as the fell looked like crap) but it has 1" pleats with a 3.5" pleat depth.

n1036261713_353067_5400333.jpg

Built it in one night too. Fabric is the same as used in shirts (100% cotton)so is WAYYYY too thin but looked nice enough so long as I didn't sit down on it. Learned some things too about making a standard knife pleated kilt.

Ooooh, oooh, a black mini-kilt with red ribbon laced up both sides!

i want the above... with a hidden space for this puppy:

P232-detail-L.jpg

in this fabric:

OF410_main.jpg

THAT I can do. I even have the material already for the liner.

But of course, I'll have to do the fitting myself. Gotta make sure that Sig won't show.

THAT I can do. I even have the material already for the liner.

But of course, I'll have to do the fitting myself. Gotta make sure that Sig won't show.

let me guess... no tape measure but you know exactly how long your hands are? LOL ;) if it does show... lol make me a thigh holster? Oh and don't forget...thumbs in. ;) LOL

An archers kilt. Camo(of course)with matching sporran----sporran must have compartments to keep sharp stuff away from things like strings. And maybe a deep, narrow pocket on the strong side that can be used as a field quiver---hold maybe 6 arrows(very tough in the bottom for sharp stuff)

Or better yet.....something like this DSC00020-1.jpg snapped down low, with a loop up high to secure the arras in......hmmm..

Cool idea!

hipquiver-leather.jpg

The traditional archers and the 3D guys would love them!

Alright total newb to the Brotherhood forums, and to Needle Pimp. I actually got routed here from the gun blog about Everyday updates (or something like that). Anyways, I've been Kilted now for a little over 2 years. Looking to buy some new kilts in the future. As soon as I figure out what I want... So many kilts and guns... so little coin.

Anyways I've been thinking, the last shooting class I took was a Tac Carbine class and I would have loved to wear my kilt for it, and I enjoy wearing my kilt on coyote hunts etc. But I was thinking a Tactical Sporran would be SWEET! Pouch for an STANAG mag or 3. Maybe a pistol mag. Knife. Phone etc. Done up with cordura or some other durable material with molle loops for customized attachment points etc. Anyways thats my 2 bits...

welcome harm!

after seeing project x and how mean it looked how would you feel about going towards the punk direction. pyramid studs and spikes from the leather jackets and yet leave some room to stitch on some patches. use the clip so you can attatch your favorite buckle as you mentioned. if youre interested hit me up.