Sign in to follow this  
OFCJAX

Jonesing watch

OMG! I'm dyin.

After reading that golfing joke, I'll be sure to add a comb pocket.

(or a razor pocket, I'm not one to judge)

02/11/09

Done with the ladies kilted skirt. This was a PIA but it came out pretty good.

I know the orange 550 cord isn't a good match but I didn't have any ribbon I could use either. I'm sure Anna will change it out.

2722246290102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2075327320102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2120317800102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2110555950102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2211084880102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

I'll mail it out as soon I get your address again, I keep misplacing that stuff.

Call if you want to make sure I can get it out by tomorrow.

NICE!! I PM'd you the addy. I managed to do the same with your phone number. I'll call you if I run across it.

02/11/09

Done with the ladies kilted skirt. This was a PIA but it came out pretty good.

I know the orange 550 cord isn't a good match but I didn't have any ribbon I could use either. I'm sure Anna will change it out.

2722246290102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2075327320102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2120317800102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2110555950102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2211084880102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

I'll mail it out as soon I get your address again, I keep misplacing that stuff.

Call if you want to make sure I can get it out by tomorrow.

That's beautiful. I was going to joke about BBrid making one in brocade after I posted that picture of "him" in Chinese blue brocade robe, but I see you have beat me to the idea. The frogs are a fabulous touch! And yeah, it does look a little short. . . oh, to be young again :rolleyes:

don't forget, she wanted to wear it "low-rise" like her jeans, not like a kilt up above her navel. i actually measured from 1 1/2 to 2 " below her navel, to about the top of her knee. Add 3-4 inches to the 16" I gave you,to get it above the navel in a more traditional spot, and you get the 19 - 20" which everyone would be used to seeing. This will be hanging off her hips. That's why it seems really short, but I don't think it will be.

Thanks.

Hey, I just go by the measurements given to me.

It has only a 6.5" fell so that is lower on the 8" I normally use. It drops down from the hip line an additional 9.5". That equals 16".

I got it (and the CodyAK) shipped out today and the guy said it "should" be there by Friday!

Too Cool!!

Wow, amazing

Glad you guys like it. Would like to hear what the Sisters here think as well.

Can't wait for a family shot. That one's going on the website!

Got PM'ed saying the kilts arrived and were a hit!

Can't wait to see the pics as I'm sure the brotherhood is as well.

3/28/09

Project X: DONE! Kevin (Werewolves) volunteered for a little experimentation on turning an Apoco-Kilt into something a little more Goth/BDSM/Club wear like. I'll let him do the review after he gets it (Mailed it out this morning, man was it heavy!) but as a teaser for the rest; I was thinking about Dreads encounter with the kid who wanted a more "industrial look with zippers and stuff everywhere."

I'm also working on my Hawiian print full apron, 1" pleats, no pockets kilt in the sweat shop now. I'm hoping I'll be done for a luau tonight.

05/07/09

Been awhile but I finally got all my stuff here in Kwaj and the fabric for Haegl's ABU Apoco-Kilt is here as well. As of this writing, the material is in the dryer after a pre wash/shrink. Also gonna have him confirm the measurments have not changed before finising the kilt body.

Obtained a "Vendors Permit" here as well, so I can offer general sewing services for a fee as well as the kilt biz. Appearently, I now own 1/2 the sewing machines on this island!

soon enough we are gonna hear in national geographic about an island of all different nationalities that ALL wear kilts :P

Yeah, by the time it gets here I hope to be done with Haegl's.

I say "HOPE" as I'm working 12 hour shift and 6 days a week. I just got switched to days as well so my one "Day off" between a 5 day week and this 6 day week, was more like a half day. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for kiltmaking and sleep. I try to get in an hour a night behind the machine.

As of now all the panels and MOLLE is made and just needs to be put together.

Yeah, by the time it gets here I hope to be done with Haegl's.

I say "HOPE" as I'm working 12 hour shift and 6 days a week. I just got switched to days as well so my one "Day off" between a 5 day week and this 6 day week, was more like a half day. That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for kiltmaking and sleep. I try to get in an hour a night behind the machine.

As of now all the panels and MOLLE is made and just needs to be put together.

PM me with the ship to Info and payment req. I can hold off a week. I am off on Vacation next week

5/27/09

Was able to wrangle a little free time tonight so I started (and almost finished) the cargo pockets.

I'm trying something a little "different" this time. I'm making the EMT straps adjustable and removable. I noticed that the straps have a hard time holding large shears while getting enough hook/loop contact. I can't just make them longer, as some of the smaller items would not be able to be secured properly. My solution is to add a section of hook to the end of the strap that is normally sewn down and add some loop inside the shear pockets. This way the strap length can be made "just right" or removed entirely if need be. I'm also making the shear pockets a bit roomier to accomidate these.

I'm also using grosgrain ribbon for the 'biner loops. It's a lot easir to install, surdy enough for what is expected of it, and I've noticed no one is really using it all that much anyway. It's not ABU but pretty close to "foliage green" (army gray) that it matches the hook and loop.

Once these are done, all that's left is to put everything together. I have a 3 day weekend coming up in 3 days so I should have it done by the time I go back.

6/2/09

ABU kilt: DONE!

Going to the post office after lunch today. I hope you guys like this one. A few minor changes to the cargo pockets (mentioned above) and no double stitches on the pleats (cleaner look).

Enjoy!

Sweeet... I guess I'll go camp out by the mailbox.

Might be awhile, takes almost 2 weeks for mail from out here.

8/30/09

Working on a kilt made from a material used in firefighter turnout gear. Stuff is called PBI Matrix. It's black and VERY fire retardent! Yes, I tried to burn a scrap piece! It turns brown but will not burn even with direct exposure to flame (20 second test). I am also adding a reflective trim around the bottom and also down the pocket flaps and the "BDU" side (solid panel on this version). The EMT side is also slightly modified. There is no biner loops or bellows and the straps are adjustable/removable as well. Loop panel on the inside of course.

I'll include a loop panel for the kilt pin location just in case the owner likes the look of the reflective trim alone.

So far most of the panels are done save one as I am waiting on some back ordered trim. Cargo pockets are done, Molle belt as well as keepers, inner apron, all done and awaiting assembly.

As soon as I get my camera and laptop to talk to each other again (some kind of lovers quarel, I think the camera was seeing someone else, the laptop was caught looking at personals, you know how those things go) I'll be sure to post pics.