Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cavscout

Back page to the same spot previous page

7 posts in this topic

Seeing the post about the new feature for site stats spurred my memory about this (I like that by the way)

The thing that is just a small annoyance is that when I click the back page button in the browser to return to the previous page, it always returns me to the top of the page and I have to scroll back to the bottom of the page again to get to where I was which also means scanning the thread titles or post contents to make sure I don't miss one.

It would be great if the site could return me to the same vertical location on the previous page when I hit the Back Page button on my browser (I use FireFox by the way in case this is a browser specific issue)

Thanks

Seeing the post about the new feature for site stats spurred my memory about this (I like that by the way)

The thing that is just a small annoyance is that when I click the back page button in the browser to return to the previous page, it always returns me to the top of the page and I have to scroll back to the bottom of the page again to get to where I was which also means scanning the thread titles or post contents to make sure I don't miss one.

It would be great if the site could return me to the same vertical location on the previous page when I hit the Back Page button on my browser (I use FireFox by the way in case this is a browser specific issue)

Thanks

I'll see what I can dig up!

My current mouse is a Logitec cordless with built in forward and back buttons and also a nice wheel. That's what I use for the vast majority of navigation. When I back click from the mouse, in any browser that I have, I go back to the same place I was when I left.

Sometimes, and only sometimes when I use the back arrow at the top of the browsers, it takes me to the top of the page.

Interesting and Curious....?

Instead of the back arrow, try hitting backspace. I do that and it goes right back to the spot I was at.

Or you could simply open new tabs and leave the previous page right where you left it.

It's appearing like it might be something in FireFox. I did a bit of page hopping in IE and was returned to the same position on the page. I'll do some digging around on my end. It's jsut strange that other forums I use don't behave this way in FireFox. Curious.

there are several sites that I go to, like ebay, that will put me back where I was on the previous page. I may have to wait a second or two while it processes where I was, but it will go there. I'm using FireFox as well. So, I think it may be something that has to do with the site. I'm having the same issues here as Cavscout. No suggestions, as my knowledge of such things it nil, but just confirming the same symptoms. :)