Brotherhood of the Kilt - www.KiltsRock.com Highland Moon Quality Scottish Products NeoKilt Burnett's & Struth Scottish Regalia Ltd.

Photo

Back page to the same spot previous page

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cavscout

cavscout

Oconee Leather Works

• Member of the Brotherhood
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

Seeing the post about the new feature for site stats spurred my memory about this (I like that by the way)

The thing that is just a small annoyance is that when I click the back page button in the browser to return to the previous page, it always returns me to the top of the page and I have to scroll back to the bottom of the page again to get to where I was which also means scanning the thread titles or post contents to make sure I don't miss one.

It would be great if the site could return me to the same vertical location on the previous page when I hit the Back Page button on my browser (I use FireFox by the way in case this is a browser specific issue)

Thanks

#2 KT

KT

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (cavscout @ Nov 11 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seeing the post about the new feature for site stats spurred my memory about this (I like that by the way)

The thing that is just a small annoyance is that when I click the back page button in the browser to return to the previous page, it always returns me to the top of the page and I have to scroll back to the bottom of the page again to get to where I was which also means scanning the thread titles or post contents to make sure I don't miss one.

It would be great if the site could return me to the same vertical location on the previous page when I hit the Back Page button on my browser (I use FireFox by the way in case this is a browser specific issue)

Thanks

I'll see what I can dig up!

KT
Founder,
Brotherhood of the Kilt

#3 James MacMillan

James MacMillan

Jarhead Curmudgeon

• Brother for Life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

My current mouse is a Logitec cordless with built in forward and back buttons and also a nice wheel. That's what I use for the vast majority of navigation. When I back click from the mouse, in any browser that I have, I go back to the same place I was when I left.

Sometimes, and only sometimes when I use the back arrow at the top of the browsers, it takes me to the top of the page.

Interesting and Curious....?
Jay

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Captain Karrot

Captain Karrot

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

Instead of the back arrow, try hitting backspace. I do that and it goes right back to the spot I was at.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

Founding Member of the Central Ohio Kilting Society (C.O.K.S.) Posted Image

Proud member of Clan Gunn, Clan Ootland, and Clan Inebriated

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Barley Bird

Barley Bird

Darth Corvus

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,337 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

Or you could simply open new tabs and leave the previous page right where you left it.

#6 cavscout

cavscout

Oconee Leather Works

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:36 PM

It's appearing like it might be something in FireFox. I did a bit of page hopping in IE and was returned to the same position on the page. I'll do some digging around on my end. It's jsut strange that other forums I use don't behave this way in FireFox. Curious.

#7 Rygar

Rygar

Kilted

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

there are several sites that I go to, like ebay, that will put me back where I was on the previous page. I may have to wait a second or two while it processes where I was, but it will go there. I'm using FireFox as well. So, I think it may be something that has to do with the site. I'm having the same issues here as Cavscout. No suggestions, as my knowledge of such things it nil, but just confirming the same symptoms. smile.gif
Rygar
BoTK member #9
*Insert witty signature line here*

The "Brotherhood of the Kilt" logo is a registered trademark of SimpleSage, LLC, and may not be used without express written permission.
This website and all its contents © 2005-2012 SimpleSage, LLC and/or the original poster unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.