OK - Here's the deal.

I've been making sgians dubh for a couple of years now, and I'm getting pretty good at it. My preferred handle material is the antler.

My antler stocks are running low.

If someone wants a sgian dubh made, I will make it for them using antlers that they provide. Send me the antlers you have and I make the sgian dubh for you, and I keep the left-over antler stock. The antlers provided must be enough for at least two sgians dubh.

The blades I use are stainless steel of chinese manufacture that I have re-tempered to make them into more usable metal. The chinese stainless blades are too hard and brittle without re-tempering. If you want a more expensive blade, we will enter into further negotiations.

I will also supply a functional ugly leather sheath, but who cares what the sheath looks like, because it is normally hidden inside the hose anyway. My sheaths are made only to protect the leg, and hold the blade, not for looks. Leatherwork isn't my forté.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

• Like 1

I have a box of antlers with your name on it that has been sitting for some time. Just keep forgetting to grab it and send your way. Will send out soon!!!!

I have to find some antlers. I just have to.

I'll get with my brother in-law, I might be able to hook you up with antlers. He runs a hunting guide service in Texas and always has antlers. Let me get back to you and maybe we can work something out :)

Geeve

I'll get with my brother in-law, I might be able to hook you up with antlers. He runs a hunting guide service in Texas and always has antlers. Let me get back to you and maybe we can work something out :)

Geeve

I have a basket full of antlers that are just sitting around at the house too and could always use a handmade knife

Still willing!!!

• Like 1

Let me look around to see what i can find. Being i kinda live in the sticks.

Still willing!!!

You should have received a box from us on the 20th. If you need more I can probably come up with some. Let me know :)

Geeve

You should have received a box from us on the 20th. If you need more I can probably come up with some. Let me know :)

Geeve

Geeve - Yes I got the box! Sorry, I forgot to tell you.

• Like 1

Geeve - Yes I got the box! Sorry, I forgot to tell you.

No I got a PM from ya! I was just a little confused because you had posted on the 22nd. It's all good brother. :)

Geeve

I have some antlers from a couple whitetails I can send you. My uncle is a taxidermist so I am sure he has a pile at his place I can try to get my hands on as well. Just let me know and I'll see what I can get for you.

I have some antlers from a couple whitetails I can send you. My uncle is a taxidermist so I am sure he has a pile at his place I can try to get my hands on as well. Just let me know and I'll see what I can get for you.

PM sent

Is this offer still good??

I recently bought an unopened box labeled "assorted stuff" at an auction for $5. Lo and behold, it contained, amongst other things that made the $5 worthwhile, a 4x4 (8-point) set of whitetail antlers. Since I lack the expertise and patience to make my own sgian dubh from these, would be more than willing to send them your way. It might take me a week or so to get them to the post office and sent.

BTW.... I've all ready more than doubled my investment for the box on e-bay with some of the other contents.

Very cool Jerry!

I have also been on the look out for antlers at a good deal. Way to go and good luck with the sgian. Jay has made some cool looking ones with antlers.

Is this offer still good??

I recently bought an unopened box labeled "assorted stuff" at an auction for $5. Lo and behold, it contained, amongst other things that made the $5 worthwhile, a 4x4 (8-point) set of whitetail antlers. Since I lack the expertise and patience to make my own sgian dubh from these, would be more than willing to send them your way. It might take me a week or so to get them to the post office and sent.

BTW.... I've all ready more than doubled my investment for the box on e-bay with some of the other contents.

The holidays and the recent radiation treatments have really put me behind. I have several sgians dubh in partial stages of completion that I need to finish up. Yes, the offer is still good, as long as you aren't in a hurry. If you are in a hurry, then Gary has some that I made for him to try and sell at one of the fairs, and I could probably get those back - That's assuming Gary ever unpacks in his new diggs........?

• Like 1

Jay I thought all this ratiation stuff was behind you. Did it come back? Hope you are better.

Jim

Jay,

I'm not in any hurry at all. Things have gotten a little backed up here as well. I totally appreciate your kindness in making this offer. When you get to it, you get to it. PM me an address to send the antlers to, and I'll get them in the mail at the first available opportunity.

Jerry

Jay, on a side note, hope you're getting to feeling better.

Hey guys, I didn't mean to lay my troubles on you. I am up-beat and positive. It's just the energy that gets robbed! Plus the nausea is really the pitts. It's mind over matter!!! I'll make it!

Are you still looking for antlers? I can supply you with a bunch of whitetail, and would be very interested in the trade if it still stands. Let me know.

Edit: I guess I can extend that offer to all you bladesmiths, if you are interested PM me.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]