Sign in to follow this  
Darrell Lawrence

New Items added at Kilted Heart

Hi Folks,

I sure don't get much time to post on the forums these days - seem to be working on my online retail store night and day. I've added a few items at Kilted Heart (www.kiltedheart.com).

* I'm giving a free t-shirt with any purchase of an Amerikilt or Alpha Kilt. There is a drop down list box with each kilt were you select the t-shirt you want. To see the t-shirts images look at the t-shirt link (but don't order them there unless you only want a t-shirt, use the drop down box with the kilt). These are nice t-shirts that sell retail at Cafe Press for $22-23.

* As a U.S. Merchant for Bilt Kilt I received authorization to add the Bilt Kilt Tartans. These are 13 oz. worsted wool, and the wool is supplied by Lochcarron of Scotland.

* I'm giving a free pair of kilt hose with any Bilt Kilt purchase. They are nice, wool blend hose that I imported from W. Brewin & Co. in the UK. Wear several pair myself (not the ones I'm giving to you!). You can see images of them at the kilt hose link, but each kilt has a drop down list box to select the hose you want when ordering a kilt.

* I've added a Bilt Kilt Gothic Black Mini Kilt for the ladies.

* I was able to make a small bulk purchase of 22 oz. wool military kilts from What Price Glory. I own 4 myself and know that the weak point of these kilts is the stock buckles and straps. So, I'm including a free set of high quality replacement buckles and straps with each kilt that you can use to replace the stock ones (if and when you want to). BotK members get a pretty good deal on pricing. These kilts are made in Pakistan and I say so on the website.

* I've added a Wholesale Shoppe link. This will be for just about anything that I can get at good wholesale prices. Right now I just have a few tents listed. Many items will have free shipping, and you can use your BotK Membership for a 10% discount on what are already below retail prices. I think wearing a kilt and being a BotK member should have a lot of advantages. What you save in the Wholesale Shoppe you can use to buy kilts and kilt accessories from whomever you choose. Please give any of the Official Merchants of the Brotherhood your first consideration if you can. We all work very hard to offer you excellent products and excellent service.

* I've added a link on the website on how to go about getting your BotK 10% discount - you get your own personal coupon code that is good for a year before needing to renew. That way you don't have to send an e-mail every time you want to use your discount.

* I've added a "What I'm Wearing Today" link. I have 45 kilts in my collection, and counting. They are my daily attire, so sooner or later each will show up. What you see is how I wear them out and about. I'm usually pretty casual this time of year - hot Missouri summers plus my low tolerance for heat. Feel free to lavish high praise, send derogatory e-mails, or call the tartan police S.W.A.T. team -Kennedy Clan on my mother's side but I do wear other clan tartans.

As far as the Wholesale Shoppe, by all means shop and compare. I think you'll find Kilted Heart pretty competitive, especially for BotK members - we use our corporate status (Kennedy-Watters Associates Inc.) to hook up with distribution centers that do not sell to the public, and we use extremely low markups. Just can't always compete with the big boys. Profits go right back into Kilted Heart so that we can increase kilt and kilt accessory inventories.

If you made it this far, thanks for your time in reading this long post.

Darrell

Sorry for putting my post here. I should have put it in my merchants thread. Perhaps the mods will move it. Would appreciate any feedback on the website. Does the idea of having a Wholesale Shoppe with non-kilt items, but having a BotK discount for them sound good?

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Darrell

Wow! You've made great strides on the website since I last visited it. It looks good and is easy to navigate.