Sign in to follow this  
cavscout

Black Chrome Buckle Finish

Lads,

I'm considering offering buckles with a Black Chrome finish. It should look something like this butI won't know for sure until I get my hands on the materials and make the prototype. Let me know if this is something that appeals to you or even if it doesn't.

boss_304_blk_chrm_lg_super.jpg

while it sounds like a hell of an idea...don't you think a buckle like that would make any sporran look like a coin purse, and be VERY ###### heavy to wear?

:machinegunsmiley:

funniness aside, I think that would be a cool idea! what design would you have on the buckles?

I like it. Now... if it were possible to get that neat pirate/hook type buckle like that I'd be placing an order for it right away. :machinegunsmiley:

I expect to be able to offer it on all the buckles I show on my web site. I might even be able to put the finish on a customers buckle but that will depend on the base metal and any plating already on the buckle.

Pain, Let me get the materials to try this and then we'll remedy that situation.

Oh? Nice... I'm gonna go broke now between belt stuff, going to Turpin for a sporran(which I have to finalize and order still) and Josh for the new kilt he's working on for me.

I think it would look great! Very good idea.

I'm a fan of black chrome. It not only looks sharp. but it seems harder & better-wearing than normal chrome. My only question would be (playing devil's advocate here...) how do you envisage it showing up against the darker kilts?

Thats pretty cool. I've seen black chrome sporran chains, and think this would go well with it!

I'm a fan of black chrome. It not only looks sharp. but it seems harder & better-wearing than normal chrome. My only question would be (playing devil's advocate here...) how do you envisage it showing up against the darker kilts?

Good question :) I believe for the most part it will reduce the "bling" factor that so many Scottish accessories have (brass and nickel). There are times it would be nice to tone everything down and just let the kilt work it's magic all by itself :D Or if the person wanted to go with a more "tactical" look.

TACTICAL means TACTICOOL in my book, now I'm sold!

Whatever happened to that hook/buckle thing? I don't see it on your webpage, Scout.

I've simply not had the time to put into making the prototype for it. Too many orders in the backlog to spend time on a new design. Best thing to do is place the order for it, then I'm obligated to make it :)

I'm also about to start stock piling some inventory for a games coming up in October so it may be later in the year before I can get the prototype worked out. But it is still in the plan to produce it.

i totally see the black chrome complimenting my usp 40 slung low on the hip..

havta get the lads to start doing holsters to go with my sporran...

i must agree honestly though..i do like it.

buckle and chain..hhmmmm

I ran a few samples and I've not been able to get a consistent finish on the buckles. I'd still like to do this, but until I find a good solution it's on hold.

Thanks for the interest.

I hope you're able to find a solution, 'cause I'd love the black chrome and a black leather belt. If you do, please let us know, because I'm dead cert I'm not the only one.

thats for sure. id love to have one, especialy if i could get a cool design.

A matte or semi powder coat might looks neat too.

Is that a powdercoat or actual chrome? sorry if that's a stupid question, but I find that fascinating. I like the understated or as High Gear put it "tactiCool" look. No need to be flashy to be hot!

hmm, yea you could always find a place to get em powdercoated, which lasts a long time and doesnt generaly blemish easily either, and you still could get soem good colors.

Is that a powdercoat or actual chrome? sorry if that's a stupid question, but I find that fascinating. I like the understated or as High Gear put it "tactiCool" look. No need to be flashy to be hot!

Powder coat like to do on car parts. Electronically bind paint molecules to the metal.

This black chrome is actually a metal plating on top of the base metal but I've considered powder coating. The company I work for has a paint line. I may take my chrome buckle in and get them to paint it next time they run a batch.

This black chrome is actually a metal plating on top of the base metal but I've considered powder coating. The company I work for has a paint line. I may take my chrome buckle in and get them to paint it next time they run a batch.

That or something along the lines of Dura-Coat. They use that on weaponry.

Powder coat like to do on car parts. Electronically bind paint molecules to the metal.

i know what powder coat is... was curious if that's what he was talking about. thanks!