Sign in to follow this  
KT

what is the last thing you did in a kilt?

I went to a company-sponsored happy hour. Wore the MacTAvish 1850 tank, with BotK embroidered shirt, Donnie's BotK crest sporran, black boots and kilt hose pushed down.

It was kinda interesting, as my boss's boss was there, as was her boss, her boss's boss. a LOT of upper mgmt, and not a one thougt ill of the kilt! Looks like when I'm not riding to work, I'll be kilted.

what was the last thing you did in a kilt?

what was the last thing you did in a kilt?

That would have been last night. I attended a free concet that the City of Centerville has during the summer on Sunday nights. This was the last one of the Sunday night series. A Celtic band called "Lone Raven" out of Columbus, Ohio was on stage. I had never heard of them. They were good! I hope they are invited back next year.

I had on my USAkilts Semi-traditional in American Tradition tartan with a red shirt. Of course I was the only one in a kilt. Someone thought I had something to do with the band. Another asked if I was playing the bagpipe during the performance.

I think everyone had a good time.

Mike

went to see my surgan this morning to get my bandage off after having carpel tunnel surgary.

He thinks its great that I wear a kilt .

now just piddling around the house with the rug rats

Bob

wore my blackwatch sportkilt, took a picture and sent off the Highlander box full of goodies... then went out for drinks with friends.

I wore my Alphakilt to the shooting range when I went shooting with my son. AR-15 and a .45.... kilted. How rad is that?

Pee'd

...well, you asked.

Last night I took my sweet wife Suzanne out to a wonderful new resturant, had a splendid meal and then walked through an outdoor mall, to the amazement of many onlookers. I was wearing my khaki Compass and a black shirt. I was stopped by a approx. 75 year old man who wanted to know where he could get one! I gave him Daron's card! You should have seen the grin when I assured him that, "Chicks dig 'em!"

Tattooed a heap of sailors.

As a mate of mine (a Leading Seaman stoker) is getting married down at the base (HMAS Cerberus) in a couple of weeks, I'll be strolling down the gangway in full rig flashing the tartan to the entire compliment of recruits & ratings.

The wife, son and I Went to dinner with a co-worker and her Japanese husband. Took them to the Claddagh. Sorry Daron, I wore my Green Original Utilitkilt. We also walked around the mall. I didn't really get any reaction.

Jim

Worked a 19 day stretch of tours.

Pee'd

I didn't want to hear that! :o lol

...well, you asked.

I spent some quality time at the range teaching one of my friends how to shoot.

1252034809.jpg

... posed in front of the mirror :blush:

i was deciding what to wear tomorrow to the Braemar Gathering (if it's still on - we're currently under water)

At work and about to go to lunch!

I am going to Santacaligon days up on the square of Independence. I will be wearing my new sporran straps I received from Donnie today. At last I am finished with the sporran chain. I also will be wearing the Balmoral hat I found in the Highlander Box with the Botk patch I also extracted from the Highlander Box. This will be the first time I have warn it for a couple of weeks, because my washing machine was down. I got it dirty eating at a restaurant three weeks ago, which was the last thing I did in a kilt.

Let's see...today alone, I:

went on an errand run, including a stop at the bank, a chat with a high-school friend's mom, a stop at the Post Office, a stop at Whole Foods and a stop at Kroger. Then, I did some maintenance work on a tandem bike meOwnHero and I borrowed for an upcoming ride.

Somewhere in there, I've been obliged to answer the front door--twice--to chase away door-to-door sales twits. Each time, the twit in question asked about the kilt I was wearing, as if to use such a question as a gambit to get me to spend more time with them. Each time, I was minimally polite, despite that I strongly discourage solicitation at the doorstep (if I want something, I know where to buy it on my own, thank you very much, the fact that I have a front door does NOT imply that I want random sales twits to knock on it, just as the fact that I have phone service does not imply that the phone service for which I pay may be used as your advertising medium).

And, of course, I did some reading a while ago, and as I type this, I'm sitting at the 'puter.