Darrell Lawrence

Money back if you lose your job

I've been thinking about this for a long time. There are some signs of economic recovery, but unemployment always seem to lag behind. Last I heard, US unemployment is predicted to hit 10% or more by the end of 2009. In some states such as Michigan it's already at 14%.

So I'm going to do something about that on any kilt or kilt accessory purchases. If you are a US resident and buy a kilt or kilt accessory from Kilted Heart and wind up loosing your job, I'm going to give you a 100% refund + an additional 25%. In addition, you get to keep the kilt or accessory. It will be effective for one year from the date of purchase, and you'll get a written signed and dated guarantee with your purchase. All I need is a copy of your pink slip or whatever document that you were given. I'll send you a check by next day priority mail because the thing you need is cash when you lose your job.

I've been there and know what it feels like to have the rug pulled out from under you. The company that I worked for 10 years ago built a plant in Mexico just the other side of the Texas border. When that plant became operational my job went with it.

If you're a Botk member, your membership will help you even more. Let's say you bought an Alpha Kilt. I'm selling them for $143.10. With your BotK membership you got it for $128.79. However, the refund I'll send you will be based on $143.10 + 25% = $178.88. Plus you keep the kilt.

If the cash you get back helps put groceries on the table, helps pay the utilities in the winter, or means the difference between getting a sick child to the doctor or not, It's my pleasure to do this. Plus if your guarantee has passed the expiration date, and you're really hurting, I'll probably wipe the tears from my eyes and send you the refund anyway.

I'm going to be offering this guarantee to US residents until the unemployment rate in the US drops below 8%. The only thing that would void the guarantee is if Kilted Heart is forced out of business. Currently we are well capitalized to weather this recession.

Darrell

Dam(n) Darrell, Way to take of the brothers....and sisters

Wow, that's very cool. I commend you on your kindness and generosity.

That is seriously good stuff Darrell. Outstanding way to help out in a bad situation.

I've got to give you props on that Darell! Of all I've seen, that is impressive. (did you get a stimulus bailout or something (and how can I get one?) ? :) )

Me thinks the Wild Haggis might wake from his slumber?

Way Cool bud!!

Wow Darrell,

I do believe the next kilt I buy will be one of yours......not because of the guarantee, but because of your apparently boundless magnanimity. Kudos to you!

Brother, you left this grizzled old biker type with an amphibian in his throat!