cavscout

Sporran Adapter

I finally got around to putting this together as I've seen the topic come up on other forums. Take your sporran off the leash and fix it to your kilt belt.

Thoughts and opinions?

tested on a Thorfinn Custom Sporran by Turpin and a Buzz Kidder

sporranadapter.jpg

sporranadapter%20(4).jpg

DSC01177.JPG

SporranAdapter.JPG

Now that Rocks, Cav. You need to make sure it is compatible or adaptable to just about any sporran hangar situation. For example, Freelander sporrans have slits in the back of the body that the belt goes through instead of the strap tab on the outside. But most, I think, have the latter.

do you have a price on your website yet?

Now that Rocks, Cav. You need to make sure it is compatible or adaptable to just about any sporran hangar situation. For example, Freelander sporrans have slits in the back of the body that the belt goes through instead of the strap tab on the outside. But most, I think, have the latter.

do you have a price on your website yet?

Thanks Turpin. I've had a couple of inquiries already so it seems well received. I'm asking $12 + Shipping. These are entirely 9 / 10 oz leather. The "strap" portion is about 5/8" wide so it should fit through most all sporran slits. THe critical dimension I think will be the distance from the "in slit" to the "out slit". The back of a Buzz Kidder is a bit wider than yours but it made it with a little squeezing of the sporran. I will need ask the customers the width of the sporran they will wear it with, in case it's wider than about 4".

Woo Hoo! I just received my sporran adapter yesterday and it's amazing! No, wait, it's phenomenal! Seriously, it's well made and I like it very much. When I first pulled it from the box I thought to myself... I really wish it had the ability to hang lower from the adapter... until I tried it on. It sits in just the right spot. Very, very nice indeed.

I will post a full review of the belt and hanger later w/pics!

I'm glad you like it Captain. That height thing is an option I will offer. I thought the same thing while designing this. It will all depend on your sporran and where you would position it. Really, it could be offered with 2 or 3 sets of snaps so you could move it up and down as you please.

Thanks for letting me provide it for you and I'm looking forward to the pics as well.

looks good from here...excellent for drummers I am sure!

Oooo... multiple snap locations would be great, then it could adapt to different types of sporrans or different amounts of stuff in said sporran.