KT

errors and ease of use of the forum?

I've had a few folks say that they are getting errors using the forum lately, or that the forum as a whole is not very user-friendly.

I would like to get input from anyone who has it, and get some of these issues resolved.

please, if you are having problems with the board, or have an idea to make it easier to use, Please post them here!

I haven't had any issues. The forum's easy to use once you get used to it. Most people are so used to vBulletin that anything else seems just lacking.

I do like a feature I've seen elsewhere -- pausing mouse over the title of a thread allows you to read the first few lines of first post. Helps with vague thread titles, for example when a kilt or jacket is posted for sale without the size in title.

That's probably the only forum feature I find missing here. Have encountered a few random errors but nothing persistent.

I have no issues, but I'm used to this format from the reptile forum

I must say though that I'm not a huge fan of the search system

I must say though that I'm not a huge fan of the search system

Agreed. I was looking for the BotK map link, but the search engine rejects 'map' because it has only three letters.

I do like a feature I've seen elsewhere -- pausing mouse over the title of a thread allows you to read the first few lines of first post. Helps with vague thread titles, for example when a kilt or jacket is posted for sale without the size in title.

That's probably the only forum feature I find missing here. Have encountered a few random errors but nothing persistent.

This is a neat feature.

All in all though, I'm easy to please and usually just work with whats given to me. :)

Only problem I have noticed is that I have to log in, even if I check "remember me".

Only problem I have noticed is that I have to log in, even if I check "remember me".

if your internet provider changes your IP address, you will have to log in again. I tested today, and if I remove the IP check, we get something like 100 various connections from search engines and possible spammers at any given time, which sucks up bandwidth VERY quickly.

The only problem I have had is I have not received 1 PM. I think it may have been an error on my part though....so it is all good.

I don't have any real problems, but I would like that when I punch "View new posts" that the posts I haven't read yet stayed there.

This may not even be possible with the software you're using.

Overall, I am pleased with the workings of the board, I just seem to miss so many posts.

Big problem for an idiot like me is the difficulty I have in trying to post pictures why not use the browse feature that I use on other forums ?so easy !! other than that no complaints !

Big problem for an idiot like me is the difficulty I have in trying to post pictures why not use the browse feature that I use on other forums ?so easy !! other than that no complaints !

The 'browse' feature is used when actually uploading a pic to the website. That isn't set up here b/c we would easily hit our disk space allowance on the host with as many awesome pics our kilted brethren are posting!