Kilted Eric

Long coats and kilts?

What say you: Long coats or trench coats and kilts. Do you wear them in the winter? How do you keep from looking like a flasher?

Eric, I most often wear my Invernes Cape (as in my avatar ) But occasionally I wear a "Duster" or my Capote.

As to "flashing" DO NOT LIFT you KILT :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Puffer

If you don't wanna look like a flasher then don't tie those pant leg bottoms to your legs like flashers do...

Here are some kilt and coat pics.

WithNavyBridgecoat.jpg

Navy Bridgecoat with Navy tartan kilt from USA Kilts

GrandCanyonGreatcoat.jpg

Replica Union Cavalry greatcoat with Utilikilts brown leather kilt - South Rim of the Grand Canyon

Englishgreatcoatbuttoned.jpg

Englishgreatcoat.jpg

With British Army greatcoat and Macdonald of the Isles weathered hunting by Kathy Lare

BlowingSandProtection.jpg

Mr. Antony's Ultimate model rain cape.

Riverkilt, I have a Greatcoat very much like yours, and I think its all about being comfortable with in your self. Because I look about the same (meaning -length of coat and socks) as you, and I like your look.

Ok, now the fun of trying different outfits!

i have never found the need to wear a coat with a kilt. i find my tweed Argyles are more than warm enough. but what do i know, i only have to survive a Scottish winter!

i do own a Mr Anthony cape but i've never worn it...

River Love the Union Great coat. I out grew my Trench coat years ago and wold not mind finding another long coat. Where did you find this?

Bob

My Union Greatcoat was made by Grand Illusions, the owners long ago retired and closed their doors. I imagine you can google up "Union Cavalry Greatcoat" and find a number of sources. Mine was made the authentic way - for reenactors - and had no hem on the bottom. Silly me, I thought they'd forgotten it. Called them when the coat first arrived. They, of course educated me. I love it. Its warm and stylish. The cape is long and can button up making a double layer of wool on cold and windy days...like winter at the Grand Canyon.

Not sure what's up with this new format...first attempt to post this says I screwed up and used the wrong "secure key" whatever that is...no clue...trying again.

I have a Swiss Army greatcoat that I picked up at a surplus store. It's field green, so it looks much the same as Wehrmacht (German Army) except that there are crosses (Swiss flags, but embossed and matching the coat, not red and white) on the buttons. I found a tag in one of the pockets identifying that it was issued to someone named Hans (don't recall what his last name was).

Believe me, if I'm wearing a kilt and I'm cold enough, I'll be wearing my greatcoat.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here is the "Matrix" coat I made.

In the first picture I am wearing p@nt$. :o

DSCN0414.jpg?t=1258479157

Here is the same coat when I am wearing a kilt.

(Yeah, notice what the sign says?)

DSCN0497.jpg?t=1258479280

Finally got some pics of my Sweedish Greatcoat. Think I got it through that Sportsman's place in Minnie Sota.

SweedishGreatcoatopen.jpg

A very warm greatcoat, well lined and two deep outside pockets for "stuff."

SweedishGreatcoatbuttoned.jpg

Pics are at Lees Ferry, Arizona