Sign in to follow this  
Whitesmoke

Merchants Section

I was perusinig through the merchants section and while not having looked at all of them, the ones I did peruse did not have an easy access to the merchants website. Is there a way to either provide a thread pinned to the top of the page with a link to the website posted inside, or the link posted at the top of the page, or make it so that the ad rotator up top displays that merchants logo with the link? I kept losing my place where I was reading while perusing threads because I had to go to the "Complete Merchants List" in order to find their website. If it can't be done that's ok, merely a suggestion.

Whitesmoke

we have a master merchant list that I think has that somewhere... i'll try and find it for you or get someone too if I run out of time. If you hit your F5 button while you're reading a thread, the rotating ads at the top will change but you'll still be in the thread you were in. It's not the best option, but admittedly it's often how i do it. great suggestion! thank you for bringing that up!

Don't forget that there is also the Ultimate Vendors List at the very top of the page and I know if I right click on it I can open it in a different tab/window.

Yes, there is the "Official Vendors List," which has all the merchants logos and is what I kept having to go back to in order to find the merchants website. There is also the "Ultimate Vendors List" which is not all inclusive of the vendors listed under the merchants section. For example I was looking for Lady Chrystel's website and its not on the Ultimate Vendors List. So now I know about the F5 key and that is what I will probably end up using for now however, I think that the website should be posted at the top of each merchants page automatically, or something like that. Thanks for responding.

Whitesmoke

The vendor list was compiled by FurryCelt, on his own, based upon the known vendors that folks come across. Many are, in fact, smaller than you'd realize. Since then, new vendors have "popped up." A few, in fact, started on this very forum as members playing around, people asked them for one, and a business was born. The list may need a wee update . . .

I agree, a link should be pinned onto each merchant's section. It has been discussed before, but (as I recall) there was a software issue. It might be possible under the new forum software . . .

Thanks for bringing that up! It needs to be done.