mercop

Wtt British Desert Dpm Material

I have some genuine British Desert DPM material enroute from across the pond. Should be here just after New Years. I am getting a piece about 13 yards by 60 inches long. I figure it should be enough for two kilts or so (correct me if I am wrong). Wondering if anyone would be willing to make me a kilt in exchange for me giving them the rest of the material to make their own. I am a 46" or so.- George

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

George,

My understanding is that 60" is what is called double width. An eight yard kilt is made from four yards of double width, giving the eight yards. Eight yards (maybe nine tops) of your material should be more than enough to make two kilts. The remaining four or five yards should be more than enough to make a third kilt. I hope this works out for you - this is what the brotherhood is all about.

Regards

Chas

Also varies by style of pleating -- camo or DPM is often made into box pleats which can use as little as two yards of double width, depending on the wearer's size.

I'm sure you will have several offers on this! I have about a 3-month queue of FlamingoKilts on order or I'd be seriously PMing right now. . .

Lucky Dawg,

I have had people looking for that stuff for a while with no luck, does your supplier have any more?

I hope someone takes me up on it. If there is enough for three kilts then my Brother from anotha Mutha Kilted Carver gets it. I will find out if I can get more. Believe it or not this is coming from a mate in a unit that rhymes with SAS. Because of what I do for a living I have an eclectic group of friends and sources. C'mon, somebody help a brother out:)

Very cool bud!!

Person I'd check with is Gary from Celtic Warrior Kilts. I think he was looking for this fabric, and not sure what kind of deal he'll be able to make or help with. He's a merchant here.

Garys awesome, he made my DPM 93 and ABU kilt ( the one in my avatar ).

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. Still waiting to hear back from Needle Pimp too.

OFCJAX makes a wicked "Combat Kilt" as well, I have a desert camo prototype he made for me.

mercop... I recommend The Needle Pimp. It's right up his alley, he's LEO and i think he might have some free time. He does good quality work as several brothers can tell you and recently did an amazing job on a firefighter kilt.

His user/member name here is OFCJAX.

mercop... JT (needle pimp) is in the Marshall Islands right now so he's 17 hours ahead and working nights. I'll drop him a line or give him a call and let him know about this thread.

Gary is a great guy too. Doubt you could go wrong with either of them.

I've sent Mercop a reply saying I'd go for it in exchange for the material, shipping costs and a full review with pics.

Hey, KC, you interested in a newer Apoco-Kilt (with improvements made) in Desert DPM?

EDIT: If at all possible, can you get some of the British camo uniform buttons and loop material (it's different than what I get as it has a higher pile)in the appropriate color? I can alter the pattern so it looks more like the MoD uniform on the cargo pockets (button closure with pointed flap).

Flounder < "Oh boy this is gonna be great" gonna check on the buttons and stuff.- George

Flounder < "Oh boy this is gonna be great" gonna check on the buttons and stuff.- George

GEORGE: Not really on point,so excuse me, but I have to laugh. I had some wanna be resident tough guy, eyeing me outside of a convenience store the other day as I walked by in my kilt. I just ignored him. But you in this new kilt and carrying, I can see these types of characters scurrying in a hurry. B) I am sure you will have "prescence" in your new kilt.

Joe

I've sent Mercop a reply saying I'd go for it in exchange for the material, shipping costs and a full review with pics.

Hey, KC, you interested in a newer Apoco-Kilt (with improvements made) in Desert DPM?

EDIT: If at all possible, can you get some of the British camo uniform buttons and loop material (it's different than what I get as it has a higher pile)in the appropriate color? I can alter the pattern so it looks more like the MoD uniform on the cargo pockets (button closure with pointed flap).

I shot you a PM brutha!

Just a heads up, but the British military has contracted with Crye(the guys who make multicam) to make their new camo pattern. It's similar to multicam, but a little different in pattern.

http://soldiersystems.net/2009/12/18/crye-developed-new-camo-pattern-for-brits/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8422942.stm

This might mean that the older British uniform fabric might become easier to find and purchase.

glad it's all worked out, you guys will have amazing kilts once JT is finished with em!

Just a heads up, but the British military has contracted with Crye(the guys who make multicam) to make their new camo pattern. It's similar to multicam, but a little different in pattern.

http://soldiersystems.net/2009/12/18/crye-developed-new-camo-pattern-for-brits/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8422942.stm

This might mean that the older British uniform fabric might become easier to find and purchase.

Yeah, I think a lot of major players are figuring out it is smarter to come up with a multi role camo, it makes more sense. A kilt in that would be wicked, probably won't be able to score some of that for a while.

Don't bet on it. I have more hookups than the electric company.

Thats what I like to hear Bruddah!!

The World Would Be A Better Place If It Was All Camo...

- Kilted Carver 2009

Great, now I got the camo bug. Talking to my contacts in Russia, South Africa and Germany to see what patterns I can get from them. Russia has some very kewl patterns. Some French 1953 Lizard Pattern would rock. I got it bad and all of you are to blame.- George

Ha! Gotcha!!

WoW. You guys talking about camo kilts.

Someday maybe.

I think I will just go commit sideways.

I'm gonna go jump out the basement window. :hyper: