cavscout

Go Big Or Go Home

Just a unique custom project to share....

A very interesting fact about this rig (including sporran hangers) ..... it weighs 3 lbs. 10.5 oz. This was one of the most fun projects I've gotten to do.

cawthra4inchBelt%5CIMG_3299.jpg

cawthra4inchBelt%5CIMG_3303.jpg

cawthra4inchBelt%5CIMG_3304.jpg

Just a unique custom project to share....

A very interesting fact about this rig (including sporran hangers) ..... it weighs 3 lbs. 10.5 oz. This was one of the most fun projects I've gotten to do.

STEVE: That is a fine piece of craftsmanship. I really like that ensemble. I hope with the weight it does not drag a kilt down :P

Who is the lucky guy, I am envious?

Thank you :beerchug: . Big Mikey owns this mega belt. It's 4" wide, with 3" wide ranger tabs and back panel.

Hmmmm....I gave up on belts, save my leather kilts...now I'm wondering if something like that would hold my massive belly in....

NICE!!!

Us big guys really dig the "Belly Dams". Very cool sir!

Three Pounds!?!

Holy leatherfest, Batman!

Very sharp!

Dam(n) that's a lot of dead cow...Very nice indeed Steve I like the detail work you put into that

That is a nice piece of work!

Yes, that is one ginormous belt. It took a few phone calls and e-mails to work out the details but it is spectacular. This is the third belt that Steve has made for me and I must say that there is none better. And how does one debut such a thing? You get your daughter to kilt up and head to the nearest purveyor of fine ales.

CavscoutBelt003.jpg

Thanks again Steve but if you tell me you have sourced some 5" leather, you will be sorry!

For comparison sake, my girl is wearing a standard 2 3/4 inch belt.

Yikes!. 2" is wht my short ribs will tolerate. I'd be bruised with 4. But Big Mikey can carry it off no problem.

double post

Wow. That is a massive belt. Nice work Steve.

I designed a 5 inch diameter buckle for a 4 inch belt, and when I printed it out from the computer it scared me so bad that I put it in a file. I take it out and look at it from time to time, and wonder: "Should I make this thing and see what happens?"

Then, I put the paper back into the file.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow. That is a massive belt. Nice work Steve.

I designed a 5 inch diameter buckle for a 4 inch belt, and when I printed it out from the computer it scared me so bad that I put it in a file. I take it out and look at it from time to time, and wonder: "Should I make this thing and see what happens?"

Then, I put the paper back into the file.

Yeah, that much metal on the front, you would have to make a counter-balance buckle for the back :D

Well guys, rodeo cowboys wear 'em that big don't they? :D

Yeah, that much metal on the front, you would have to make a counter-balance buckle for the back :D

Hahahaha. Yep.

Well guys, rodeo cowboys wear 'em that big don't they? :D

Yep. So, maybe I will make this thing and see what happens. But I hate to do all the work and have it turn out to be in the class of the 3-foot-long Rapala you see at Bass Pro Shop.