Sign in to follow this  
KT

Welcome Our Newest Merchant, Dunadd Trading Company!

KT firstly Thank you for processing my application to become a merchant on BoTK, and for allowing me to say something about my company.

As many of your members will know, My best mate was the inspirational owner of what I consider to be the best Kilt makers in Scotland, he sadly passed away 3 years ago after a short fight with cancer, before, during and after his sad demise I was pleased to assist him and his widow in the day to day running of the business, untill I found full/part time employment with Visit Scotland.

During my time working for the kilt makers I had occassional dealings with their suppliers, and became aware of the trade prices as opposed to the retail prices, after I stopped helping at the kilt makers I occassionaly needed a pair of hose or two and didnt like paying full retail price knowing the mark up the stores where putting on them, it was this desire to purchase quality hose at an affordable price that inspired to me to set up Dunadd Trading Company.

I made contact with 2 major high quality suppliers in Scotland and agreed terms with them, I regularly keep an eye on my competitors prices, thus enabling me to offer an all inclusive price that will better that offered by my competitors,

I personally make only a very small profit on each sale, relying on hopefully volume sales as opposed to irregular sales that show a high profit return.

I hold a small stock of the most popular items and when an order is placed the goods are dispatched either the same day or the next 1st class airmail to the purchaser, I always try and send an email to let the customer know their purchase has been sent and should be with them in approx 7 days, for items that I dont hold in stock my suppliers respond quickly to my orders and although I cant guarantee it, usually the customer receives his order within 14 days, thats better than the 6-8 weeks as offered by a major vendor in the USA.

As I said I have limited myself to 2 suppliers at this moment in time, they being House of Cheviot for hose and Robert Mackies for headwear, if a member should find any of these companies products for sale that do not appear on my website, then by simply filling in the contact form and sending to me I will respond with a price that I believe to be better than anywhere else available.

I don't expect to get rich from this business, I see it as more of a hobby, and it's a pleasure to be able to offer the type service to fellow kilt wearers that I longed for myself, high quality products at an affordable price coupled with 1st class customer service.

Chris

Congrats, Chris, welcome to the fold!

Not a bad deal on hose!

:th700d7c2b: :th700d7c2b: :th700d7c2b:

Puffer

I wish you the best on this venture. I know a number of very pleased customers. Good on you

They look awesome and I was getting very excited till I looked at the sizes, not big enough for me however.

Best of luck as they look like extremely nice hose!

They look awesome and I was getting very excited till I looked at the sizes, not big enough for me however.

Best of luck as they look like extremely nice hose!

Bigger sizes are Extra Large UK size 13 - 14 are available on request, delivery time 14 days

Hullo Brother!!

Congrats and hope to buy some from you soon.......just have to figure out which ones first!!

Aye, It's bloody well time you got over here... Welcome Chris it's an honor to have you here..

YAY! Welcome Aboard Redshank... this smile is for you ;) (well actually it's a wink, but you catch my drift) LOL