Ancienne Alliance

Contemporary Kilt By Lady Chrystel

Lady Chrystel made herself a new friend on the Internet.

She, her husband and 3 children left Paris city life and came to live in the French Alps, not very far from us (the next valley).

Her husband has been wanting a kilt for a long time, but not a traditional kilt; something completely original.

So they sat down one afternoon and figured it out .

It was going to be made from Black isle tartan 16oz Jura range from Marton Mills, for a MacAbre look, as would say Hamish.

They settled for 2 HUGE double pleats in the back and 3 reverse Kingussie pleats on each side.

One under apron pocket.

It's not a casual kilt; more a smart 6 yards contemporary kilt to hit the town in the evening.

He wears it low...

Wanna see it ?

Here goes :

CIMG0245.jpg

CIMG0206.jpg

CIMG0204.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

CIMG0282.jpg

CIMG0295.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

Best,

Robert

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that's nice Robert. There's something about that tartan that stikes my fancy....

Wow that looks sweet. I'll bet the extra wide DB pleats are really comfortable to sit on.

Wow that looks sweet. I'll bet the extra wide DB pleats are really comfortable to sit on.

Well I didn't try, but it would seem logical.

That looks absolutely awesome. I really like the tartan and pleating.

Your wife's work never ceases to amaze! It's a beautiful and unusual piece.

Although I'm not a fan of contemporary kilts, there's something about that one that is appealing. Possibly because it so retains its "kiltishness" for want of a better word. The tartan is nice, subtle & subdued, yet still striking. Well done again, guys!

Awesome!!

That does look great! I like the simplicity of the lines, works very well with the color.

How does the under-apron pocket work? And is it a hand- sized- pocket, keys- sized pocket, or something in between?

We loves some pocketses.

-kiltncarry

That does look great! I like the simplicity of the lines, works very well with the color.

How does the under-apron pocket work? And is it a hand- sized- pocket, keys- sized pocket, or something in between?

We loves some pocketses.

-kiltncarry

It's a hand size pocket, but pockets can be made in any sizes, and as many as you want, with zippers, velcro... or nothing at all .

Very elegant execution combining the two pleat styles. It must be good if our traditionalist from cown under approves. ;)