Kilted-Marine

Why Did You Join Botk

Why I Joined BOTK  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I first joined I came here looking for information and to ask questions and attempt to learn all I could. Now in that learning I came to make some very close friends who I truly consider my family now.

not banned from the other place, but knew a few people over here, and was a little tired of the other place at the time.

Was pointed here by a mod at the other place & just eased right into it. Now I've made some tight friends I consider family, & hopefully I'll add to that list as time goes by.

Found it and it stuck... enjoy it even though I don't post nearly as much as I used to.

Kinda like Pain, I found it and like the community. I was originally just looking for information. I do, however, wish it were a bit more active. Of course, I'm not a "paid member" so my opinion probably counts as beans.

Kinda like Pain, I found it and like the community. I was originally just looking for information. I do, however, wish it were a bit more active. Of course, I'm not a "paid member" so my opinion probably counts as beans.

There was a time that it didn't matter if you were a paid member or not, Everyone's opinion mattered. Hope it still does.

I joined to pick up chicks.

oops wrong forum, sorry :D

Yes Jim, Definitely the wrong forum.... :lol:

I was invited here from the Braveheart's Kilt Forum by KT himself! I had long been banned from the other place, as we like to call it. I was the most active poster there at that time, when that site crashed and years of posts were lost I made the BotK my kilting home. I wrote quite a few essays on kilting in those days and the BotK seemed a great place to republish those that were lost and to write new ones.

There were a few Lifetime Members before me, but I was the first on the forum ... the first to go Green that I know of. I ponied up the money and made that commitment because I believed in KT, the purity of his vision, the unwavering nature of his fairness, his obvious tolerance of the entire universe of kiltmen and dedication to making kilts an option for more and more men.

I stay for all the same reasons I bought my Lifetime Membership. There's been lots of talk many times over the past 3 1/2 years about how this place has changed or is changing ... it's the same as it was from the beginning: a hard to control or moderate group comprised of unique individuals so bold as to not wear p@nt$. Is there drama, yes. Disagreements, of course. But at the end of every day there remains a Brotherhood of the Kilt.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

I came here after being told about the site by several customers and because I was (if not banned) severely limited at the OTHER place.

I have been privileged, and I do not use that word lightly, to meet several of the folks on this board and have talked to even more of you guys on the phone.

I also wish this was a more active board and I often wonder what I could do to get more people involved

I haven't "officially " joined yet. No job and no money at this point but even as a non member I have gain alot of knowlege and material goodies (thanks FC) from this site. But I plan too as soon as I can. Until then I'll try to help keep the fun stuff coming in. I had to say it was the kilts that brought me into this site at first but the Cancer awareness shirts really nailed the compassion here on this forum.

I just joined (paid) about a week ago. An opportunity came up, and I ordered a kilt the next day from FC.

I actually was going to pay a few months back, just didn't get around to it.

I was somewhat active on that other site, and when meeting Farkus in Chicago, he mentioned this site. Like Larry, I came here to find out more about the kilt and Celtic heritage.

Don't remember...but I like kilt boards and join most I find...a lot are defunct now....new ones come along. A few of the old ones are still around.

I joined because I found the other forum very constrained about subjects that could be discussed. There were also way too many forum rules for my liking. Whilst I'm hardly an anarchist, I don't like to be controlled in what I'm allowed to say or talk about. I posted a thread in their off topic section on how to (legally, I hasten to add!) sidestep unfair administration fees applied to kilts arriving in the UK from abroad. It received some favourable replies from British kilties and then one morning I log in and there it was: gone!! :confused: It was then that I decided to find a new kilt forum.

Although I'm not a prolific poster, I prefer an environment where people of similar attidues and interests can discuss all manner of matters and subjects with mutual respect, and not because that's what the forum rules say.

• Like 1

I am technically not a paid member yet, but not for lack of trying. Hopefully KT's life will be back to normal soon and we can get the technical issues with the shopping cart fixed.

I've been a member over at X for a couple years now. I don't post very much there, but I read the posts daily. I became curious about the occasion references to the "riff" between Botk and X and came over here just as a curiosity to see if I could find out WTF the deal was. I liked what I saw here and I stayed. I now read both sites daily, but find myself posting here more than at X. I'm not really thrilled with the direction X has gone over the last year and they have lost some members who's posts I enjoyed reading. Many of them are here and many are not. For now I shall continue to read both sites daily and post where I see fit, but I find myself here more and more.....hopefully this site will become a little more active (I'd try and help, but I really don't have much to say....yet!)

just felt like the right thing to do. all she wrote!

I keep seeing where folks state that they are not a paid member. Folks, It seriously doesn't matter whether you are a paid member or not. Your opinion does matter

I joined because I like kilts, and wanted to find other folks who do to.

as for the "paid" vs "non-paid" issues, there will be a post coming promptly.

I joined to learn and to find other like-minded people. I looked at another (shall remain unnamed) forum, but they seemed to approach kilting more as costume-wearing. Too many rules about "you should never wear this with that", etc. Here people seem to take it more as an article of clothing to be worn and enjoyed, albeit with a grand history. I just liked the attitude of it better on this site. So now, you're stuck with me, like a dried nasal discharge.

I found this forum while searching for information. I joined because it seems to be less bigotted and unfriendly than other forums that discuss kilts and tartans.

Okay, there are kindergarden policies elsewhere. I am a bit old fashioned and like da more discussion friendly America.