Mad Scientist

Celtic Warrior Kilts - Do Not Buy!

Update 1/22/11: Gary (Proprietor of Celtic Warrior Kilts) has reestablished contact. From within this thread, forum members have spoken highly of him and his product. The consensus and report is that my experience was a result of a temporary and extraordinary issue for Gary and his business and that it was by no means intentional. As of now we have confirmed an updated delivery date and I'm looking forward to receiving my Celtic Warrior Kilt!

Update 2/24/11: I received a tracking number last week! Although it doesn't appear to be moving. :unsure:

Update 2/25/11: Still no response to my last email requesting when the kilt will actually be put into the mail. So far the package tracking is a week old and it indicates that the package hasn't been received by the USPS.

----------------------------------------------------

about I know I'm new here, but I've been lurking for about six months. I was glad to just read all the information I could about wearing kilts and people's experiences.

I recently (finally) signed up, but unfortunately it was to ask if anyone knew if something was going on with Gary at Celtic Warrior Kilts.

In November of 2010 I placed an order with Celtic Warrior Kilts for a custom kilt. Eventually we came to agree on fabric color, style, accessories. He even offered to throw on a "modesty snap" at no cost. So I was pretty d@mn excited! I sent in my payment and said make me a kilt!

According to his website it says that it takes 3-4 weeks before the order is shipped so I waited. I figure I got'ta let a craftsman do his job. Shortly before due time at the end of December 2010 I sent a note asking how it was going and never received a reply. I waited another week asking for a status update and again I received no reply. About that time I posted on this forum hoping that someone may help or even Gary might post back. Hey, I know sometimes stuff happens.

Now it's the 15th and it's looking like I got scammed. I'm out my payment... I could've supported someone else. And instead of posting up how awesome my kilt is, I got to post a warning to others that may order from CWK and send payment.

A couple of weeks late isn't terrible, but the lack of communication tells me that I've been scammed.

It bums me out, but I cannot recommend Celtic Warrior Kilts to my friends or anyone else that may be interested in a modern kilt.

Hopefully I can get my money back (or, hell, maybe even get my kilt!) I'll certainly be sure to update this thread if anything changes.

Take care everyone! And thanks for all the great info.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry to hear about your problem, but I know from my own experiences with CWK and Gary, that he is a stand up guy and you end up getting an awesome product. I currently have 2 CWK kilts and have had as many as 5. I have always received my orders quickly and have had fast responses so something must be up on his end.

What style and color did you get?

Based on previous posts about CWK I can not recall any issues with getting kilts from Gary. Maybe the question to ask here is not if you have been scammed but rather has something happened to Gary. I think CWK is a single person operation. If something happened to Gary such as an illness, auto accident, etc, how would we know?

Mike

I sent a PM and here and other websites. I will call later today to see what I can find out. I hope he is ok. I also do not believe there is a scam, but some kind of problem.

Mad Scientist:I understand your situation,I've Been there with a different Co.,your doing the right thing informed Us.Sittin there wondering if your wallet's simply swinging in the breeze and nothing to show for it,ain't fun doing it alone,I commend you for your patients(I didn't have the patients to have waited as long as you have).We can only hope Gary's OK, and its a small untouched mix up,and a simple fixable thing.Our Captian(BOTK founder)will shake the right tree,you can almost feel its fixed.

You ain't alone we're a Brotherhood.

Slainte Mhath-Y'all

I am a little confused also, I saw Gary had good reviews which is why I ordered from him. At first the communication was great, then nothing at all. I ordered my kilt in October, promised it by Christmas and still nothing. I hope nothing has happened to him, but it is strange that there is no reply to email or phone call. If I hear something I will post it.

I swear to God that every small businessman should realize that the most important thing you can do when things are going wrong is to keep your clients informed. It doesn't matter what the product or service is, it's all business. There is no telling what is up with Gary, but unless he is dead he is violating a very basic requirement of all successful businessmen.

Chris Webb

Small Businessman since 1993

I swear to God that every small businessman should realize that the most important thing you can do when things are going wrong is to keep your clients informed. It doesn't matter what the product or service is, it's all business. There is no telling what is up with Gary, but unless he is dead he is violating a very basic requirement of all successful businessmen.

Chris Webb

Small Businessman since 1993

i think my wife could handle my web biz if i dropped off the face of the earth, but she might not.

I am still alive and kicking.

First and foremost I want to apologize for my lack of communication!

I do not want to sound like I am laying on a big sob story, so will give you the condensed version.

The week after Thanksgiving my uncle passed, I ended up taking an unexpected trip to California for a funeral.

(This is in part why I am so behind)

The lack of contact however is related to this trip.

While in California my laptop bag was stolen with my laptop and my cell phone in it.

(Yes, I am an idiot and left it in plain view and ran into a store for "just a minute" without locking the car!!)

My desktop computer hard drive disk crashed on me several months ago.

I have had access to the internet only on my wifes netbook, and didn't want to have my emails bogging her netbook, and spread over 2 computers.

It has taken longer than expected to get my desktop back up and running.

I just got it up and working this weekend and after updates and getting everything installed just got my email back up as of last night.

I have a bunch of email to shift through, but assure you I WILL contact everyone.

Anyone trying to call, I still have no phone.

My replacement should be here by Thursday.

There has been a lot going on here and i am very sorry for the delays and lack of communication.

I guarantee you there is NO scam involved and I will take care of any orders outstanding.

If you would prefer I refund your money, I will do so.

Anyone that has an order with me can expect an email response within the next day or two as I get caught up.

Please accept my sincere apology and rest assured I will make things right.

Gary

thanks gary. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Oh wow! Everyone I appreciate your help and words.

Gary I'm glad to hear back from you! Sorry about your uncle.

Let me know what we can do to get everything back on track!

I really want to post back that everything worked out ok!

-Rick

Once you get it Rick, I am sure you will be pleased. They are kick-butt in the warmer months! I have a ABU camo and a DPM camo one, and they are my goto kilts in the warmer weather.

ask and you shall recieve!! like clockwork mates. Gary does good work, just from my viewing on here. I currently do not own any of his fine products, but thats a story for another time.. Hope all is well bro.

Personal attacks, even thinly veiled ones, are not permitted. PM's sent to those involved and the entire mess was unapproved for public consumption.

The rules are fairly lax so we can be and act like RESPONSIBLE adults, even when things get silly or weird, but there is still no room for infighting just because it is the internet.

d@mn Gary! That really sucks. I could just imagine what I would go through without my laptop and phone.

Well continued lack of feedback and no delivery is taking me back to my original claim that this was not a wise selection and Gary at Celtic Warrior Kilts is scamming his customers.

During the time I've been waiting (since november of 2010!) I've successfully bought, received and wore new kilts from Utilikilts as well as a custom order from Sport Kilts.

I'm extremely disappointed. I've sent a few emails to Gary asking when he would be able to deliver my kilt and received no reply. The last I've heard was over two weeks ago when I received a tracking number but it indicates that the package was never put in the mail.

On the bright side: I really like my newest kilts!

Well continued lack of feedback and no delivery is taking me back to my original claim that this was not a wise selection and Gary at Celtic Warrior Kilts is scamming his customers.

During the time I've been waiting (since november of 2010!) I've successfully bought, received and wore new kilts from Utilikilts as well as a custom order from Sport Kilts.

I'm extremely disappointed. I've sent a few emails to Gary asking when he would be able to deliver my kilt and received no reply. The last I've heard was over two weeks ago when I received a tracking number but it indicates that the package was never put in the mail.

On the bright side: I really like my newest kilts!

Mad Scientist, not taking sides, not making excuses or anything but something like this might be good to take offline. Send a note to KT via PM. KT takes these things serious and that way if there is some extenuating circumstance someone doesn't get blasted in a public way. Just a thought.

Mad Scientist, not taking sides, not making excuses or anything but something like this might be good to take offline. Send a note to KT via PM. KT takes these things serious and that way if there is some extenuating circumstance someone doesn't get blasted in a public way. Just a thought.

I sent KT a PM last night after reading the post to let him know it's better in this case as you mentioned to have the issue handled behind the scenes.

I'll give him a call, see what the deal is. thanks for the heads up.

im gonna do my best to keep my cool here since i havent been around for a while, but gary was someone i considered a friend when i did post here regularly and i highly doubt he'd ever "scam" anyone. i understand your frustration but i agree that this should be settled in private. most of us here know gary and hold him in high regard. this thread can only go down from here.

im gonna do my best to keep my cool here since i havent been around for a while, but gary was someone i considered a friend when i did post here regularly and i highly doubt he'd ever "scam" anyone. i understand your frustration but i agree that this should be settled in private. most of us here know gary and hold him in high regard. this thread can only go down from here.

I'm making the calls to see what is going on. I also consider Gary a friend and good people.