Sign in to follow this  
KT

Oconee Sporran Strap After 4 Years

way back when the Brotherhood was brand new, I bought a sporran belt from Oconee Leather Works.

I got it b/c the sporran chains I had were chewing holes in my kilt.

Here are a couple of pics after almost 4 years of heavy abuse. I use this strap on all my sporrans, and it is the only one I have.

belt1.jpg

belt2.jpg

As you can see in the pics, the hardware is perfect shape, and there are almost no wear marks on the leather.

If you don't have a sporran strap yet, get one soon!

Seconded! I dont have one of Cavscout's, but a strap is the only way to go. Save the chains for the occasional formal, & save your kilt while you're at it.

Yep. Steve uses quality leather in his work. I think if one takes care of the leather, it can be passed down generations. Kudos to anybody who still incorporates and demands quality.

I have one of his three inch belts and the straps. Very high quality.

I have one of his excellent belts as well as a sporran strap. I tend, however, to use the sporran hangers he made for me.

That's great to hear lads! KT, I looked back through all of my orders since 2006 when we opened and found that you were the 6th sporran strap Oconee Leather Works made. I can tell you also that you were our first Sporran Dee. The last 4 years, being involved with the Kilted Kommunity, has been a very entertaining and gratifying journey. Thanks to all of you who have supported not just Oconee Leather Works, but also the many fantastic craftsmen and women who indulge their passions by bringing you quality products to wear with a garment that holds very deep meaning to you... To the Kilt :beerchug:

That's great to hear lads! KT, I looked back through all of my orders since 2006 when we opened and found that you were the 6th sporran strap Oconee Leather Works made. I can tell you also that you were our first Sporran Dee. The last 4 years, being involved with the Kilted Kommunity, has been a very entertaining and gratifying journey. Thanks to all of you who have supported not just Oconee Leather Works, but also the many fantastic craftsmen and women who indulge their passions by bringing you quality products to wear with a garment that holds very deep meaning to you... To the Kilt :beerchug:

forgot about that sporran Dee. For those who don't know, it is that little piece of leather w/ a ring on each end on the back of your sporran that you clip the sporran strap to. Most I've seen are flimsy at best. the Oconee one I have is moved from sporran to sporran as needed, because it is far superior to the originals.