Drew

What Type Of Footwear To Be Worn With And Irish Kilt

S'lante Ladds & Lasses, I am pondering what type of shoe/boot to wear with my sport kilt as I am attending the Irish Cultural Festival and cant seem to find a straight forward answer. Thanx so Much.....

in all honesty wear whatever is comfortable, or go barefoot!

For me personally, my boots are black military/police style magnums for normal wear.

here are the newer versions of what I wear, in black

http://www.magnumboots.com/us/boots/professional/

Wow those are awesome< Next question, Do you wear knee hi hose with that boot and if so what color. So many questions lol...

I do, but never pulled up to the knee. This makes it easy to wear pretty much any longer socks with boots, pushed down so they gather at the top of the boot.

here is a pic of me with some extra weight...casual.

qdvd2010.jpg

hope that helps!

( but like I said...it is your kilt and your feet. where what you are comfortable with! )

I wear linemans boots with mine, something like this...

http://www.americanmadeworkboots.com/carolina923.html

I took out the brown laces and replaced them with black. If I'm going to a festival, I put tassels through the topmost eyes, no real reason other than I like them that way...

S'lante Ladds & Lasses, I am pondering what type of shoe/boot to wear with my sport kilt as I am attending the Irish Cultural Festival and cant seem to find a straight forward answer. Thanx so Much.....

I know this doesn't address your question....but good on you for attending an Irish event kilted. Be kind enough to be gentle with answering questions and sharing your knowledge on the kilt. I was reminded of this yesterdays as I mailed a parcel at the Post Office. I was hot, tired, and had a million things to do and a woman asked me about the tartan I was wearing. I did not intend to be short, but she reacted like I had. After taking a moment I eased into a conversation on tartan and all was well. Sure I could have moved on, but I think part of being a BOTK member is promoting the kilt.

Depending upon weather & temps, I am more likely to wear sandals with my Irish tartan, than any other footwear.

But then, I seldom follow the norm...

If I'm casual, I wear pretty much any lace-up boot from hiking boots to Army GPs. I also scrunch the socks down. No reason other than I like the look.

Wore my Irish national to the what I thought was going to be an Irish festival (devolved to a concert only) today, magnum boots, black socks pushed down....about five other kilts there.

I know this doesn't address your question....but good on you for attending an Irish event kilted. Be kind enough to be gentle with answering questions and sharing your knowledge on the kilt. I was reminded of this yesterdays as I mailed a parcel at the Post Office. I was hot, tired, and had a million things to do and a woman asked me about the tartan I was wearing. I did not intend to be short, but she reacted like I had. After taking a moment I eased into a conversation on tartan and all was well. Sure I could have moved on, but I think part of being a BOTK member is promoting the kilt.

Good Call Mate, Pays more often then not to compose yourself before flyin off.You'll have nothin but respect from here in this forum.Thanx so much.

You fellas sure know how to make a guy feel at home. :) Really appreciate the photo's provided. I guess I was a wee bit fixated on a uniform code so to speak. I feel much more at ease with the contributing comments goin with what feels right.I do have flashes to wear on my knee high's. Cant wait for next Saturday.Thanx again Gentlemen......

I tend to wear whatever strikes my mood. Seems like I have been wearing my Chucks alot lately though.

3435639b.jpg

LOL, thats my style. Brown boots sometimes.

9x out of 10 it's Chucks for me as well. If I feel like wearing boots, I've got some Harley Davidson boots that I like though they're not made for walking around too much.

32590b5f270ffa07e0a0311eed15bd16.jpg

These are what I've been wearing, Have a pair of each but have been going with the tan one's most of the time.

119141_ts.JPG?cell=300,300&cvt=jpeg

As for sock, I wear what ever strikes my fanch and push then down to the boot tops.

My 2 pennies:

I usually try to match my leathers, if I have black sporran, I go with black boots or shoes, brown sporran....etc. Then there are those days where I just don't give a flip. :) Example pics of yours truly to laugh at.

th_adaywithnature33.jpg

With the Ulster Weathered tartan..one of my favorites.

th_hornc3.jpg

th_July4th8.jpg

My County Mayo kilt...another favorite.

th_ShamrockCity201025.jpg

And dudded up, even though I prefer much more casual.

th_BurnsNight20108.jpg

Good luck to ya.