Sign in to follow this  
Seanachie

Why Botk Merchants Rock

I have mentioned in a few posts before, that whenever I want to purchase something I always try to give the business to one of our official merchants and if not one of them one of the good small craftsman/artisans who hang out here and other kilt forums. Time and again it has been the right decision because of the quality of the work and the dedication shown in the work. I would not save a couple of $$ to by from a mass merchandiser or vendor with a sketchy or checkered past ie Gold Brothers.

You may have seen in another post that I was looking for a certain type of belt, and had been anxious to get if from Steve Frazier of Oconee Leatherworks but found out he was on sabbatical. (Further explanation from Steve is at the present time he needs to spend more time with his children and a full time job and a side business was taking too much of his time). I was looking for another merchant with a similar style. Well Steve contacted me today and said while he was cleaning up the workshop and taking inventory of materials he had leftover he found a piece of leather he could use to make a belt. He emailed me and asked if I had found another merchant and ordered a belt or if not he offered to take care of me on this one specific purchase. Needless to say I jumped on it and expressed my really sincere gratitude. Now that is just such a truly cool thing to do and makes me grateful for this forum and the really good people that hang out here.

Steve rocks! Sorry to hear he is not going to be making belts anymore.

Nice! Sad to hear Steve's having a break, but, after all, family comes first.

Nice! Sad to hear Steve's having a break, but, after all, family comes first.

:ditto:

Yes, Steve is a top notch guy.

Steve's a cool dude........