techdragon

Peek Into Our "factory"....

Sorry ... couldn't help it. There is no way I could ever honestly describe my workshop as a factory but I wanted to show a little bit of where I build my kilts.

I am not exaggerating when I say we are a very small company. With a grand total of three employees, with two of them being part time, we are the very definition of small. There is no factory behind our kilts - just one woman at a sewing machine. Our workshop occupies about 800 sq. feet of a 2200 sq ft studio space which we share with 3 other artists (Alt.Kilt takes up the biggest dedicated chunk). I have an 8'x8' work table space made up of two custom tables that are made to my height so I don't spend all day hunched over. I need to add some shots of my fabric racks and scrap table - which gets turned into all of our Steampunk accessories by Jenn.

This is it... this is everything. I made 275 kilts in this space last year and have already turned out 240 kilts this year. I don't more space than this - it is suited perfectly to Alt.Kilt.

6193789534_6cb65d51aa_z.jpg

6193789292_71d14522ab_z.jpg

6193272833_377d3e5f05_z.jpg

6193272745_3dabe62c08_z.jpg

Thanks!

Jeanie

Cool.

Thanks for the pictures. I love seeing work spaces, tools, equipment, the process..................

it's just making me jones for my boy's kilts, while my wife is jonesing for some cycling jerseys she ordered about a week or so ago. (I bet the kilts will be faster)

I too am a lover of shop pics, very cool.