KT

Custom Illuminite Alt.kilt Is Here! ( New Pics! )

after the longest 9 hours of my life ( in recent history ) the mailman arrived!!!

My new Alt.Kilt is here!

Back in march or april I found some sweet material on sale on the web, and had a bunch shipped to Alt.Kilt with these instructions: "I want it to ooze awesome".

I tore into it like a kid on christmas morning. The kilt was wrapped in brown cloth and gold ribbon with "Kilted for Kids' cancer-Alt. Kilt" on it.

I opened the packaging and was in love. the kilt is made of a dark-green nylon-ish material used by emergency personnel and first responders.

It was dripping with all sorts of metal hardware, clips, D-rings and very cool buttons on the front closure.

It is box pleated all around with sewn-down pleats. There is a single external pocket on the left.

enough of the talk..here are the pics!

I took the first four with no flash using room light. The fabric plays with light so they may look out of focus.

Front

altkilt1.jpg

back

altkilt2.jpg

left

altkilt3.jpg

right

altkilt4.jpg

here is the money shot. I took this with the lights OFF and the camera flash ON. See what it does with the light? I love it!

altkilt5.jpg

I'll get a pic of me wearing it in the morning. My regular camera is on the blink so all I have is my phone..which is not meant for the hands of a 5 year old.

And here is me wearing this beauty. One with flash, the other without.

altkiltme1.jpg

altkiltme2.jpg

Must.....have......kilt....

Nice, Man. That is awesome indeed.

Okay, that thing ROCKS! You gotta bust that out at either a concert or bonfire party. techdragon & co. did an awesome job. Now we just need action pix.

ok, cost man, cost, we need to know how much we need to save and/or who we have to sacrifice.

it was 100% custom. I found the material and sent it to her. You would have to ask if they will ever do one like this again.

it was 100% custom. I found the material and sent it to her. You would have to ask if they will ever do one like this again.

right right, what about the material then?

Ive been wearing the kilt for half a day now. Construction and sizing is spot on. I have to get used to only two pockets, but that is by design, and not a problem with the kilt. Overall I LOVE this thing, and will be puytting it into regular rotation w/ the utilikilt.

The fabric itself is very stiff and doesn't breath for crap. As light as it is, I'm not sure I'd wear it on a hot tulsa summer day. I'm going to do some research to see if I can put it in the washer on gentle for a bit to soften the fabric without washing out the reflective materials.

I'm going to see if it is waterproof later. :)

looks like the machine wash is out. Apparently the reflective material washes out quick in the machine.

That's one cool looking kilt, KT! I'm jealous, but if it is as you say, not a kilt that breathes well, I wouldn't have many opportunities to wear it here in the Valley of the Sun.

Ive been wearing the kilt for half a day now. Construction and sizing is spot on. I have to get used to only two pockets, but that is by design, and not a problem with the kilt. Overall I LOVE this thing, and will be puytting it into regular rotation w/ the utilikilt.

KT one thing I learned with the pockets is just make it absolute habit to secure the pockets whenever you grab something. When I first got the kilt I would have a tendency to hastily remove my wallet to get at cash etc and then not always button or snap the pockets (depending on which Alt Kilt I have on). If you make it habit you don't have one of those heart stopping.."where the hell is my wallet moments"

looks like the machine wash is out. Apparently the reflective material washes out quick in the machine.

That's odd. I have a couple of Illuminite jackets that get washed several times a year without losing their reflectivity. The back of the jacket, where it's between me and my bicycle seat, now, that has seen some loss of brightness (I wear the current one like this a lot of the time):

Ryanrearviewleftsignal.jpg

And you can see the "damage" here:

Raleighatnight.jpg

That jacket is six years old, and has been used daily for the last three cool seasons (I rarely wear it in summer) as I commuted by bicycle.

Pretty cool..........

Added the promised pics of the kilt in action in the main post. Hate to say it but I think the camera was nice to me without the flash. Must be the kilt.