Sathor

Jonesing Bad

I placed my kids kilt orders early in September, having missed out last year when my son suddenly went anti-kilt. Thank you, Gutsy smurf, he likes kilts again.

The jones is bad, since I ordered two of them, one for each boy. In hindsight, I do feel bad that I donated a bit less than the normal cost of the kilts, and the part that is really paining me is that my oldest measured 27.5, half an inch below the cutoff between kid and adult. He is seven. My 3 year old measured 20.5, and that seven inch circumference seems so large. I did the math, and if they were perfect circles, that is only 2.23 inches diameter different, which doesn't sound odd. I measured twice, but having never ordered a custom kilt, it is nerve wracking, waiting and hoping I didn't f up the measurements, hoping no drastic growth spurts, knowing there will likely be some flexabilty in the size anyway, and that it has belt loops....

Adding to the emotional mess, near the end of last month, Jaenie posted about having an extra one to give to a deserving child. One of my friends children was diagnosed the same day with the same disease that started Jeanie on the path that brought around the kilted against childhood cancer system. I haven't heard anything regarding that since. I don't know if the family accepted the offer or not, no mention either party about it. In a way, I'd really feel like an ass if they turned it down, not to say she couldn't find another child for that purpose. (I'd feel like an ass for wasting J's time, that may not have conveyed itself correctly)

I do want to apoligize to Jeanie also, I know my tweets might have come off as harsh at times. Wasn't my intent.

Once I get my kids kilts though, I get to start worrying about the next part, which kilt to order with the super coupon. Leaning towards the Anima kilt, but not with the flap the side pocket is attached to, it just seems off to me, but other than that.. (especially if that really is a phone pocket in the front where it looks like a flap) ( I only have about 3 weeks to order mine though if I want it before my birthday in Feb. So much time to flip/flop between the various items...)

She posted some pics of a tiny little kilt from the 'kilted for kids cancer' run, my guess it that it is about an inch shorter than what I ordered, but close enough to show my youngest son (I ordered early, the two for my kids can't be far behind) and Enzo (the 3 yo whose only 2 kilts have been hand me downs from his brother) starting singing "new kilt new kilt" as he danced around the library before heading back to the living room. I think he might just be jonesing.

Sathor,

All the kids kilts should be mailing out on Monday. I was just checking in on your order - but did you use a different user name? Shoot me an email to confirm.

I do these kilts as a gift so there is no worry on a lower donation. It is for charity and *EVERY* little bit helps. I did not hear back for the family you recommended - but from person experience, that time is really crazy and it is hard to think with a new dx. I would ~never~ let that offer expire - they can get in contact with me at any time in the future and I will happily build them a kilt for free.

Customers never waste my time... My time exist for them. I am just super busy and cannot always be on social media because then I am not sewing. We are working on solutions for that right now.

Take care!

-Jeanie

only got pics of one so far, the older boy is under the weather.

DSCF3919small

Great picture. Love the name Enzo, a friend just had a baby and used that name too.

Its amazing how it is slowly becoming more popular, we ran into another kid with that middle name in Toledo, which was really weird, and in Cincy, a guy pulled his wife over, he wanted to use the name, and the wife didn't think it was a real name, so he ended up with Talon...

My friend has the Italian background and thought it was a great name. Like Talon,too, that is not very common.