techdragon

Leather Panel Kilts Are Out!

I am incredibly excited about this kilt!

6334102045_50b6de7710_z.jpg

Our standard Alt.Kilt with a unique twist. We collaborated with GreyCat Workshop to make this hand tooled Leather Panel Alt.Kilt. Each panel is made individually for every kilt and is fit to the length of the kilt. With our new system of styling, these leather accents are interchangeable and can easily be swapped out to change the look of the kilt. They are held on with Chicago screws through tiny eyelets reenforced with thread. The kilt can also be worn without the pleat and their hold points are barely visible.

The designs for the leather panels are unlimited. We are featuring four of them here - two are from our Steampunk leather accent kilts - but there is additional option for complete custom work. Additional panels are available for purchase as a stand alone item in our Accessories section. Please note that these panels attach differently than the Steampunk accent kilt panels but both styles are available for purchase.

Available here: http://www.altkilt.com/leatherpanel

Thanks!

Jeanie

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Very cool, can you do one with knotwork down the side?

Very cool, can you do one with knotwork down the side?

I will let Jeanie answer this for you, but she made me a very special leather kilt and Jeff of Greycat Workshop did some great Celtic knots on the straps.

Grendelmor - yep! We can either do it as a custom request or we do have a standard knotwork side panel that GreyCat makes for us.

It looks like this but would be attached with the 6 point Chicago screws instead of the lacing and grommets.

5054022222_607ab8ff7e_z.jpg

That looks great! That's the steampunk kilt, right? I may like it better than the leather panel kilt. The verdict is still out...

I am a little confused about the way you say to measure for your kilts, though. Your instructions say run a tape through the belt loops on your jeans, but in the pics, it looks like they ride higher. (more like a traditional kilt, which I prefer).

Grendelmor- some of the photos are not the best because it was hard to find a local model that fit into the sizes I made for a fashion show (31") so they sit higher than most contemporary kilts. The fell on my kilts is 8" as a standardand I have customers wear them at both the traditional level (belly button) and the modern way (hip or jean level). As long as a 8" fell works for you - I will make it to whatever measurements you provide - just be sure that the length you measure is for wherever you want the waist to sit. I hope that makes sense!

-Jeanie

Grendelmor- some of the photos are not the best because it was hard to find a local model that fit into the sizes I made for a fashion show (31") so they sit higher than most contemporary kilts. The fell on my kilts is 8" as a standardand I have customers wear them at both the traditional level (belly button) and the modern way (hip or jean level). As long as a 8" fell works for you - I will make it to whatever measurements you provide - just be sure that the length you measure is for wherever you want the waist to sit. I hope that makes sense!

-Jeanie

I was wondering that, so basically, just use whatever number you like better then? (Waistband to floor or navel to floor both work, right?)

Because I also wear traditional kilts it feels a little funny to me wearing a kilt a jeans waist. I wear my AltKilts about the bottom of the navel and for me that works quite well.