Bravo5six

New Kilt- Tdk Tactical Duty Kilt By 5.11

is this an april fools joke? Nothing is coming up on my end.

Never mind i was on my phone, got home pulled it up and looks nice, wish they had it in black

Can't wait to see if they do these in other colors. Price isn't bad, and they are usually pretty good quality as well.

I'm thinking of one for my next purchase.

think the pockets are big enough to conceal carry?

i like the way it looks, and would like one of these. I would really like one if they make it black, olive drab wouldnt look bad either.

Bet there is room for carry in the internal pockets

My sources tell me it was an April 1 prank. However, if we flood them with orders, well, bidness is bidness; maybe they'll make some.

I sent them an email to find out.I've seen this before but they were out of shock then to. I say go to the bottom of their paig click contact and send them an e-mail like I did and I even told them about the BotK. so they Know where to Look for more sales.

Being a retired LEO, I have several articles of their clothing. While the prices are higher than I normally spend, "You get what you pay for". I would invest in one of their kilts, no question. I forwarded a message off to them regarding this "JOKE".

Just got an email from 5.11 saying that it did indeed start as an April Fool's Joke, but due to overwhelming demand, they will be producing a limited number of them.

Here's the email I received:

Friends in the 5.11 Tactical Community,

About a month ago our lead designer, Cory Nykoluk, came to me with the idea to have some fun on April 1st with a 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt. "We've had a number of requests for kilts, so why not make one?" Cory had enlisted our creative services director, Matt Frederick and our director of ecommerce, Brian Rogers. I gave the project a green light with the commander's guidance to make the "TDK" a true 5.11 product supported by a proper launch. Operational security was strict as only about 6 people inside 5.11 knew about this project. In fact, the only reference in meetings and e-mails was to "Project Caber."

Our close friend Kyle Lamb, President of Viking Tactics, was briefed and signed on immediately. It turned out he was about to attend a Dropkick Murphys concert. Perfect timing as band member, Scruffy Wallace, is a kiltsman who plays bagpipes and the tin whistle in a VTAC T-shirt. The final piece needed was an athlete/first responder to demonstrate the mobility of the TDK. Matt Frederick called Roman, a veteran duty sheriff and Parkour athlete and we were rolling.

Last week, when we reviewed the video footage of Roman leaping walls in the TDK - it was clear - we had achieved the goal of making a Kilt true to the 5.11 brand. There was a collective "uh-oh, we only have one kilt in inventory!" On Saturday, March 31st, I called 5.11 Tactical founder, Dan Costa, to tip him off. His response: "Be ready, you're going to sell some kilts!"

Indeed, the Tactical Duty Kilt launch was a success, so it seems the April Fool's Day joke is on us! Due to your positive response, we are pleased to announce that the Tactical Duty Kilt will become available for pre-orders soon on the following web page: http://www.511tactical.com/Tactical-Duty-Kilt.html.'>http://www.511tactical.com/Tactical-Duty-Kilt.html. We don't plan to make the TDK an "in-line" product, so this is a limited time, web only offer. If you haven't already signed up for notifications on when this product becomes available for purchase, please do so now at http://www.511tactical.com/Tactical-Duty-Kilt.html and give us your name and e-mail address in the form located on the right-hand side of the page. We plan on sending out 1 more email to those that have given us their information to confirm size and color and other important ordering details.

5.11 Tactical Duty Kilts will be available in Black, Khaki, and OD Green (MultiCam will be offered at a slightly higher price) in even waist sizes 30- 40 for a very limited time - don't miss out. Remember we only have one in inventory today, so we'll need some time to make them for you!

Thanks for your friendship, sense of humor and support of 5.11 Tactical. I'm signing off to place my Tactical Duty Kilt order!

Tom Davin

CEO, 5.11 Tactical

Im on the list for a black one.

I'm on for the Multicam.

On for multi-cam. Getting sick of the old digital ACU thing. Going covert and will have to meet the postman at the door. I will just tell the wife it was issued to me by the government.

On for multi-cam. Getting sick of the old digital ACU thing. Going covert and will have to meet the postman at the door. I will just tell the wife it was issued to me by the government.

That's Awesome! :laughing:

I'm with ya on the ACU thing. Not a good pattern for anything, except maybe a gravel pit!

ATTENTION BROTHERHOOD! The 5.11 TDK is now available!

Ordered a green and a black one

Is anyone clear on whether they are pant size or kilt size? On the one hand it is a great price, on the other, pay by May 3 for delivery in September is a bit protracted terms.

Is anyone clear on whether they are pant size or kilt size?

I will call and find out :)

No multi-cam. I am going with the black one.

They took out the multicam option. d@mn.

Nothing in their email regarding sizing.