Bruno

Today I Was Criticised By A Darned Kiltie Lol

I am used to the idea of Kilties being abused for their attire today I was on the receiving end from a KILTED guy.

I had a rant off some guy who objected to my choice of head wear as being non traditional. I told him to stick it up his sporran and gave him a mouth full. He scurried off like the fool he was and I enjoyed my day in the sun

My point is you would think a fellow kiltie would know better, than having a go over others appearance, given the level of criticism many receive by jackasses in the world. I was more disappointed than anything. Are we as bad as the morons we moan about in general or what. Do you go round calling others. Give a hoodie a hard time? gob off at kids with their undies showing?

It had never occurred to me that maybe some of us are A holes and deserve what they get like today's tartan tosser.

Opinions!

Attitudes are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

Yes I agree. I just thought it was funny that one of us is as bad as the crowd. It got me wondering if all the complaints on here about getting hassle, may not be so straight forward as they first appears. Maybe some kilties deserve a mouth full like the one I met.

As you might know by now, I'm a pipe smoker. Several yers ago, when it wasn't forbidden to smoke in restaurants I had to listen to complaints from the next table about my pipe smoke.

From whom? F.*n chain smoking cigarette smokers. I even waited to smoke my pipe until they finished dinner. :silent:

What did I do. Putting more fire to the bowl :laughing:

As a fellow fan of pipes and cigars I well know what its like when you light up. One time I was lighting a nice Cuban in a smoking shelter and some biatch made a point of coming over flapping her arms and moaning about being poisoned . I of course blew the smoke in her face. She went green, gotta love morons like that :)

i get the same thing from cigarette smokers who blow their nasty smoke in my face, sometimes while i am eating, but when i light up a cigar which at least has some sort of pleasant fragrence in the smoke all i hear from the freight trains is that i need to put it out or go smoke it somewhere else. Talk about thd freaking pot calling the kettle black.

i get the same thing from cigarette smokers who blow their nasty smoke in my face, sometimes while i am eating, but when i light up a cigar which at least has some sort of pleasant fragrence in the smoke all i hear from the freight trains is that i need to put it out or go smoke it somewhere else. Talk about thd freaking pot calling the kettle black.

I hope you tell them to get lost and smoke a bigger cigar to wind them up :) We pipe and cigar fans need to set a example lol

Do you know the magazine "Pipes & Tobaccos"?

It's from the States, and there is always a great editorial.

One time, 2 or 3 yers ago, the editor reported that he was at a lake fishing, with the pipe in his mouth and had to listen to the complaints of some people about the smell, but the pipe wasn't lit.

Another one, walking in a communal building with a new, unsmoked and unfilled pipe in his mouth. He was told that smoking isn't allowed and got some grief about his piece of wood ...

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still have to ask what was you head wear. I mean I wear anything from a tuk to a skully and even B-Ball hats.

In general I don't believe that people who wear kilts are inherently more tolerant of anything than others who don't wear a kilt. It sounds like you ran into a traditionalist, which if you've spent any time on the "other" board (not sure if you do), would know there are plenty of them. I think you took the right approach in handling it though.

It had never occurred to me that maybe some of us are A holes and deserve what they get like today's tartan tosser.

Opinions!

I'm an a-hole. oh, wait, you said opinions. Um, I'm a damned good looking a-hole. There, fixed.

(I once got grief from a person that thought my cargo sporran was a fanny pack, ug.)

It's a hell of a thing to escape the tyranny of troo$er$ only to have some folks put you under the tyranny of tradition.

It has been my policy ever since I wrote The Heritage Excuse to kilt for Freedom rather than for Tradition or Heritage. Over the years I've caught far more flak from other kiltmen over my kilts than I have from the trousered masses. I couldn't care less how any of my Brothers wear their kilts, I'm just pleased as punch that they wear kilts.

We ain't in freakin' Scotland. This is America and I'll wear whatever I want however I want, welcome to the New World.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

Sounds like some dandelion from another forum...just sayin'

It's a hell of a thing to escape the tyranny of troo$er$ only to have some folks put you under the tyranny of tradition.

It has been my policy ever since I wrote The Heritage Excuse to kilt for Freedom rather than for Tradition or Heritage. Over the years I've caught far more flak from other kiltmen over my kilts than I have from the trousered masses. I couldn't care less how any of my Brothers wear their kilts, I'm just pleased as punch that they wear kilts.

We ain't in freakin' Scotland. This is America and I'll wear whatever I want however I want, welcome to the New World.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

You made me laugh. ER I do live in Scotland :) Thanks

I was in a traditional Irish National 16 oz kilt with a green and brown Harris tweed jacket with a pecan brown waistcoat. The hat was a pecan brown Fedora with black hat band with blue and green parrot feathers (my bird jack sheds them a lot so I wear them lol)

Sadly I need a big hat as even with factor 50 screen and in Scotland, I burn in minutes. To many Scandinavians in the line lol. I even burn through light jackets and in light hats (how sad am I )

The device has yet to be invented, that can measure my indifference, as to how others judge my appearance.

The device has yet to be invented, that can measure my indifference, as to how others judge my appearance.

I'm too used to Facebook...where's the LIKE button?

I think Coco Chanel said it best: "I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all."

I look at it like this.

As long as they are talking bad about me, they are leaving some other poor arse alone.

I frequent both boards, here and the other place. MOST of the traditionalists over there would not tell you they thought you were mis-attired, they would just think "How sad" to themselves. Unless it is some obvious mistake, like having the pleats in front. :) Of course every group including this one, has its quota of voids surrounded by sphincter muscles.

MOST of the traditionalists over there would not tell you they thought you were mis-attired, they would just think "How sad" to themselves.

What's ironic is that I, an absolute Modernist of the most extreme variety, look at the traditionalists and think, "How sad." :cry: To be freed from the tyranny of troo$er$ only to be enslaved once again by the tyranny of traditions, it just makes me want to give'em a big'ole hug and tell'em it just don't have to that way. :thumleft:

Kilt ON!

I've not met a Scotsman, nor a descendent of one that could be TOLD to do anything, let alone how to wear his kilt!

Good job telling him to bugger off!

I'm too used to Facebook...where's the LIKE button?

So true... Eff 'em. ;)

Best version I've seen comes from The Fountainhead...

Ellsworth Toohey: "Why don't you tell me what you think of me?"

Howard Roark: "But I don't think of you."

Why should anyone care what anyone else does? These things never cease to amaze me. Wars are fought over the stupidest things, and it all grows from someone getting all bent out of shape because someone does/says something different or believes something different.

Yeah, so was I.