Drac

What's For Lunch

Hi all,

Another forum I belong to has this thread. It is a fun time concidering all the varied tastes out there.

Let's get it started. Lunch for me today -

img0303sd.jpg

Itadakimasu.

Jim

this:

yes, that's nothingness... that's what happens when you work by yourself and are in such a hurry not to be late for work you forget your neatly packed lunch at home. :( Sushi looks great, what kind of soup is that? *drool*

got lucky, temp is here 1/2 day and I got lunch... it was very bad for me.... Dunkin Donuts but um didn't survive long enough for a picture. lol

Sushi looks great, what kind of soup is that? *drool*

It is Miso with udon noodles, egg and narutomaki. I wanted ramen but I was out so I tosses in the udon.

Jim

Good looking Bento there cousin! I havent had lunch yet as it's only 6am here, but I'm thinking maybe fish.

Pre-packed crumb cakes and starbucks iced coffee, the convenience store variety... None too healthy, but I was, as always, on the run...

Leftover stuffed pepper, with a Greek yogurt chaser.

Nothing as fancy as sushi, i just had leftover pizza and a couple of plums

I had some mac and cheese off the hotbar at work... Need to give myself a better variety, working for Whole Foods hasn't changed my eating habits much....

I got a special treat today, our company seven year luncheon was today. Steak potatoes salad, veggies, very nice spread for everyone who has worked for them 7 years or more. This was my first year so didn't know what to expect but there were other treats to, so good day!

Lunch? What's that? I'm lucky to pop a piece of candy in my mouth and keep moving. I'm usually on a liquid diet (coffee) until dinner. It looks great and I'm starting to realize that the candy may be falling a little short of a real meal.

Venison Pasties (home made) at the beach with the wife. Slightly ruined by 2 whining labradors begging for leftover (despite having their own lunch before we walked out the house 10 minutes earlier.

Venison Pasties, another reason to realize that a piece of candy and coffee won’t cut it for lunch. My Italian grandmother used to make pasties homemade for me as a boy. I thought that pasties were Italian until she told me how a friend of hers from the UK taught her how to make them. It’s been close to 20 years since I have had one of her pasties. I need to make a trip and eat a better lunch. :java::thumleft:

I make them just like my venison pies but they are smaller and handier to eat on the move lol. I used to always make a few & pack them in my tweed jacket pockets for later. Now I tend to get pestered by relatives when I make them and end up doing about 25 at a time. Almost becoming a bit to much effort IMO.

Nathan's Cheese Dog.

Yeah... I'm living large....

Not Lunch but Dinner

Veal Chops, Fried potatoes and Salad

Two years ago we enjoyed Cornish pasties in Penzance

Homemade noodles drowned in butter with a touch of salt.

Piipriker if you ever want some Cornish pasties wer have a place in town that makes them and ships them anywhere.

Send me the info. Otherwise I am going to have go see my cousin from another cousin. Not that I dont want to make the trip. Crossed the pond twice and the description of your pasties only hastens the trip. Thanks Rob and Bruno for the memories!

Joe's Pasty Shop

116 W Aurora St

Ironwood, MI 49938

Phone: (906) 932-4412

just give them a call, the website is currently down for some reason.

they also have a facebook site

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joes-Pasty-Shop/69620205808

Hej Rob,

thanks for the info. But I think I will make pasties myself. I don't think the pasties will arrive fresh in Germany.

I'll be having a coldcut sandwich with pickle, buffalo chicken, and american cheese on a sourdough bun and a handful of nuts.

I really have no idea whats for lunch. For dinner, i will be bbq-ing some country style beef ribs and maybe some brats.

Some leftover Spicy Glump.

'Twas delicious, again.