Sign in to follow this  
branmakmorn

Republic Of Texas Games

OK GUYS AND GALS IN THE SOUTH TEXAS AREA. IT IS MY HUMBLE OPINION THAT WE START SRIOUSLY LOOKING INTO ORGANIZING A REPUBLIC OF TEXAS GAMES AND CELTIC FESTIVAL. I AM THINKING SHOOTING FOR MAY-JUNE 2014 AS A KICK OFF--ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHY?? I AM NOT A GREAT ORGANIZER BUT I AM WILLING. ANY ONE BETWEEN SAY CORPUS CHRISTI AND HOUSTON WE NEED A VENUE SUGGESTION AND MAYBE SOME HELP FROM LOCAL SCOTTISH ORGANIZATIONS. ANY ONE INTERESTED??

Hey you need to email this link to pistolero and tell him to send it to tim, mac, and doug. We would also need the implaments, weights, hammers, standards and crossbar, sheaf, cabers, etc. I am working on a trigg. I am on board, but we will need LOTS of help. Any Texans or okies, or coon asses that would like to pitch in would be great. If you have any advice, tips, or ideas PM branmakmorn or myself. God bless the Republic.

I'm in. I have helped to organize and run the athletic events for the Houston Highland Games for the past several years.

The first thing we need to do if we are looking at a specific date is to search ALL of the other known competitions and festivals to make sure that we are not conflicting with any other games. We don't want to lose competitors or spectators who are usually committed to another competition at the same time. Also, late June is getting pretty hot in South or Southeast Texas. If it could be a little earlier it might be better.

you want to talk to Kilted Engineer here. He is very active in Scottish Highland Athletics in Oklahoma and the surrounding areas.

You also want to check in with http://www.nasgaweb.com/. they can help as well.

I'm in. I have helped to organize and run the athletic events for the Houston Highland Games for the past several years.

The first thing we need to do if we are looking at a specific date is to search ALL of the other known competitions and festivals to make sure that we are not conflicting with any other games. We don't want to lose competitors or spectators who are usually committed to another competition at the same time. Also, late June is getting pretty hot in South or Southeast Texas. If it could be a little earlier it might be better.

Yeah Texas in june not a good idea, maybe we could shoot for a week or 2 after the san antonio games, or in march. That would be ideal.

I know it's getting warm in Texas in June BUT I was thinking of June, 2014 to coincide witth the batlte of Bannockburn.