I wore my new black twill Bilt Kilt this weekend. I love this thing. It's lighter than my other two kilts, I think because the box pleats require less fabric, but it's sturdy and looks great. The fabric itself is heavy enough to stay down even in medium winds (I'm in Oklahoma, so my medium winds may be your high winds).

It looks great, is comfortable, and holds loads of stuff... I was trying to think of more things I needed to carry. I love the look of the box pleats too, I kind of feel like a gladiator. It was about 3 weeks for them to ship mine, but that's not bad for custom made.

Great communication and customer service are top notch.

how do the sizes run? Smaller, larger, or right on compared to traditional kilts? What color stitching did you get?

I decided that, based on the apron, I wanted to get a really nice sporran before dropping the coin on this one. It just looked a bit bare.

Texan: They ask for a waist and a hip measurement and it fit very well based on that. I don't know if it was just because the two were only an inch different, but they made it to my hip measurement. I really didn't need a belt with it, but I still wore one.

Lemur: A sporran would be a good idea, I've been looking for one anyway. With the contrasting thread the apron isn't as bare as it might seem though.

There you go- when a kilt is measured and made correctly it will wear fine without a belt- I can't buy off the rack anymore because I'm built like a freaking potato now.....too much soft living' glad you like your new kilt man- how about a picture?

Thanks Dunbar. My profile pic is me in my bilt kilt at the warrior dash. I also posted the whole pic in the pictures thread. The wife and I are going to the big city (Tulsa) this weekend, so I get to wear it again.... try to get a pic without my white belly showing.

I really need to get the wife to take pics of me wearing some of my kilts. I review mine for my blog and while no one reads that mess, it would be nice if there were pretty pictars to accompany as opposed to poorly lit low res washed out cellphone messes.

That was a slam against my pics. Pretty sure there's a link in my profile to the blog. Look at those amazing pics. Everything comes out grey. Hell, my pup is dark brindle and she tends to come out grey.

lol, I figured it was something like that. good blog though.

Thanks. The blog is a labor of ... apathy? Not really sure. If you had a hard time finding a kilt entry, just uploaded one this morning. FEAR THE QUALITY PICS WHERE A KILT POCKET CAN BE MISTAKEN FOR A BRICK WALL!